“Nice venue. Good food”

The Cricketers
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Addlestone
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since being built, The Cricketers has been the pride of Rowtown. It's beautiful structure and dominant position lent itself perfectly to both locals and passersby alike. Following an extensive refurbishment and overhaul The Cricketers will now, once again be the pride of the area. The Cricketers is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a warm, friendly and cosy atmosphere. We offer tasty gastro style food, everything is cooked fresh on the premises. Our food is cooked to order, using the best, freshest & seasonal ingredients by our skilled chefs. We source our produce locally where possible. Sundays are covered, with delicious Roasts and all the trimmings, that will not be beaten on freshness and quality. Our large garden comprises of lots of seating with umbrella's as well as an enclosed heated area for the colder months. In the summer, we have the perfect space in our garden for a spot of sunbathing.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We have lived in the area for many many years and last visited The Cricketers to eat well over 10 years ago.
It certainly has changed and I think for the better.
We arrived for a pre-booked lunch, were seated and were attended to without delay as it wasn't busy when we arrived, around 12.00; our starters arrived very quickly and our mains followed promptly. All dishes were very nice and were freshly prepared. Our waitress and waiter were very polite and nothing was too much of a problem.
My only criticism would be the noise of the football on the TV in the bar, but with adequate parking and a comfortable table position would certainly visit again..it's also within 2 miles so a good exercise!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

My wife and I went to the Cricketers Saturday night as we fancied a Pub meal which we hadn't had for a long time. We weren't disappointed, a lively atmosphere and a menu of "pub Grub" We had a shared starter of Squid, then my wife chose the Duck-breast and I picked the Gammon, the Kitchen had run out of Gammon so instead I chose the Steak, well what a good choice that was. It was one of the best steaks I've had for a long time, it was very reasonable price-wise and cooked to perfection, rare just as I asked. Not a good place if you don't like a lively pub with mainly a younger crowd, but we enjoyed the experience and it was enhanced by the helpful serving staff.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 20, 2019

Went here for lunch with the family and it was okay but nothing special and would have to say the fish and chips were pretty poor compared to other local pubs, service was fine and the bar staff nice and friendly but not sure I would rush back here.

Reviewed December 20, 2019 via mobile

We came here for lunch and had a job choosing what to eat, all the menu looked fab. In the end I chose the chicken pie which I am so glad I did, it was probably the best pie I have ever had, it was delicious! Filled with lots of chicken and carrots, it was so flavoursome and a good portion too. The cabbage and mash were lovely too. I would highly recommend coming here for a meal, my friend enjoyed her burger too.

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Met my brother here with some family & my granddaughter - booked in advance by my brother -
Amazing menu choices & very reasonable - we chose the Sunday lunch - between us we had Beef - pork _ Chicken - lovely mouthwatering food - well presented - deserts yummy too - not to mention the starters - lived in this area for 12 years & never been - will most definitely be going back - we had a great afternoon - catching up - no rushing us at all - thank you for a lovely time