“Fabulous, best whale watching ever”

Mariner Cruises Whale and Seabird Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come have a whale of a time with Mariner Cruises! Enjoy our friendlines, hospitality and expertise on board the Chad and Sisters Two as you watch whales and birds while sailing on the famous Bay of Fundy waters off of Brier Island. Expect to be amazed while making memories that last a lifetime!
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous, best whale watching ever”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was the best whale watching tour we have ever been on. The crew is friendly and very knowledgable about the animals (birds and sealife). We got close to whales and learned a lot about animals and the environment. We felt very safe. They are very prepared for sea sick people. The crew was very respectful to the animals and the environment. This adventure was absolutely fabulous. Worth every penny ...wish I could go every day.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kjazzzz

Bridgewater, NS
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Always Please”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been making a yearly outing with Mariner Cruises for 28 years now with the Nova Scotia Bird Society. I am always pleased with what I see and with the great service. On our most recent trip on September 22, 2012, had highlights of two right whales of which only 450 remain in the world. It was my second time for seeing this species. Twenty-four white-sided dolphins performed nicely for us jumping out of the water repeatedly and came nicely in around the boat. There were many Atlantic puffins, some Wilson's storm petrels, red and red-necked phalaropes, three fulmars, northern gannets, about 159 great shearwaters and four sooty shearwaters. There were other birds also. Some fog did not allow identification of the jaegers, but we have no control over the elements of nature. Overall a great experience once again and a big thank you to Penny and her crew who are also great. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who goes to the island and I can say that you will not be disappointed.

3 Thank James H
Thunder Bay
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Highlight of my East Coast Holiday”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked up a brochures at the hotel and decided on this company. It was the first time for me being that far out from land so I was a bit nervous but after hearing about their perfect safety record I felt safe with the experienced crew. Penny was very knowledgeable about marine life and answered all our questions.

The whales moved with such grace and what a treat for us as they swam along the boat. If I were to go again I would stay at one of the B&B’s on the island so I could have time to visit all the local shops on the island.

2 Thank ThunderBayNortherner
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What an amazing adventure!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a great adventure this was. It wasn't initially my first choice since we were staying at the Brier island Lodge and they also offer whale watching but they were not going that day until 2:30 so they mentioned Mariner Cruises so I called them and they had a 12:30 cruise. I can say now that I am so happy we ended up going with Mariner Cruises. We got to see breaching humpbacks and a close encounter with a rarely seen Orca. The Orca swam alongside the boat and underneath it several times. It was exciting trying to predict where it would come up. Everyone was scrambling to each side of the boat in anticipation....great fun!
Staff were knowledgeable and friendly and served us with cookies and hot beverages for the ride home.
If you are going to Nova Scotia then it is well worth making the two ferry rides to Brier Island to experience amazing whale watching with this great tour.

3 Thank daxxdog
Aylesford, Nova Scotia, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesome adventure”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

what an amazing trip we had today !!!!Saw whales and dolphins and wow what an adventure.We had so much fun and loved the tour.Awesome bunch of people....... very informative and down to earth had a blast thank you so much mariner cruises :)

1 Thank Angela P