Corte Altavilla
Palazzo d'Erchia(Conversano)
$94
$80
  • Breakfast included
Mazzarelli Creative Resort(Polignano a Mare)
$278
San Tommaso(Polignano a Mare)
$135
$234
L'Abbate Hotel(Polignano a Mare)
$122
Castellinaria Hotel(Polignano a Mare)
$175
$170
Villaggio San Giovanni(Polignano a Mare)
$139
Hotel D'Aragona(Conversano)
HotelsClick
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townrailway stationtasting menubeautiful townhotel restauranttop flooryour luggageroof terracechurch bellsunique hotelsteep stepsroom was spaciousbreakfast was excellentjacuzzi bathpaid parkingdouble bedspent nights
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed with friends here in October 2013 and the hotel is fabulously located inside the city walls of Conversano and the rooms lived up to expectations, too. But it was unfortunate that the service provided by reception by way of helping us settle into Conversano and giving advice on where to eat, for example, didn't live up to the excellent accommodation.
The room was lovely - very cool and beautifully equipped bathroom as well - met expectations very well and was worth the money.

Room Tip: The level up from the base level is lovely - worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ... Lovely hotel in a great location... Thanks a lot... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. Your review is the mirror of our efforts started on July 2002, almost 12 years ago..
I'm sorry for the misundestanding about the dinner advices. Sometimes it happens. We are working to avoid this residual issue for the future.
The hotel staff, the historical centre of Conversano and Puglia farms are waiting again for you!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was the first time we have stayed in this particular part of Italy. The hotel is very conveniently situated right in the heart of Conversano. The room we had was very spacious with a four poster bed and a separate room with a table and cooking facilities (fridge was useful).
We ate at the restaurant on two nights and the food was nicely prepared and tasty.
I do have a couple of points which could do with improvement though. The first night we dined at the restaurant we were sat waiting for twenty minutes with staff coming and going but nobody even checking to see if we were being served - which we weren't. No tables are laid for breakfast so you take pot luck as to whether you're sitting at an unused table or one just cleared but still mucky.
We wanted to get a drink one on the Saturday evening but after the receptionist phoned up to the restaurant we were told we couldn't as there was a private party on. Not overly impressed as we had paid quite s lot for a three night stay and i didn't feel we got value for money.
The reception staff were very helpful and arranged a trip to a local farm to see some Lipizzaner horses which was a lovely thing to do and thoroughly recommended. We also had the wine tasting which was very enjoyable.
Would definitely return back to the area but probably not to this hotel - although we didn't notice too many other hotels around which may account for the higher prices.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ... it's a nice hotel and it feels welcoming... Thanks a lot... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. Your review is the mirror of our efforts started on July 2002, more than 11 years ago..
I'm sorry for the delay at breakfast and dinner. Sometimes it happens. We are working to avoid this residual issue for the future.
You bought the travel package from an agency and so the price was higher than normal.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here twice, it's a very pretty hotel and feels welcoming. Conversano is a lovely little town and bars and restaurants are easily reached on foot. Everything in Puglia closes in the afternoon so you may want to head out if you're an active sort but for value this place is a great find and has all you need.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LP16616
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ... it's a very pretty hotel and feels welcoming... Thanks a lot... It's the how you live!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here in early January and booked a standard room from looking at the website photo's and reading reviews. On arrival the room was not the room as advertised on their website or marketing material and when we went to reception to complain we were told that there are lots of different rooms and that they can't possible showcase all of their rooms online. I was very disappointed with the room as we had travelled over 3 hours to arrive in Conversano and having looked at many other hotels in the region choose this hotel for its rustic charm. No where on the website or marketing material is there a disclaimer stating that you may not get the rooms that are advertised. After complaining twice and threatening to leave a room miraculously became available that was the room in all their promotional material. The room was nice, clean and perfectly fine for the price we paid. I would not consider this hotel in International standards to be of 4 star, there were no fancy toiletries in the bathroom or any real luxury feeling to the room.

The staff though perfectly adequate never apologized for the room or even offered any olive branch, a complimentary glass of juice or some small token would have been appreciated. Instead I was told that if they had known what style of room I required rustic rather than pine centralled log cabin they could have accommodated me. I feel as there was only one photo type on their website how am I as a consumer meant to understand that they have different style rooms.

Also as a consumer I found the whole experience staying here tainted by having to argue over the room I was given. I was on a break and there customer service was very lacking. The hotel is in a great location in Conversano but I will not be back to stay here.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in 105 had very high steps leading up to the room and may be difficult for someone with a small baby or an older person.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory stay with us,
May I please reassure you that it was never our intention to deceive you. Our hotel is a 500-year old listed building hence all our rooms have their own 'personality'. There are occasions when guests do not like the room allocated to them. To this end, we endeavour to always find a suitable room for all our guests, even if it means moving rooms, as we did with you.
I'm happy to learn that room (metti numero di camera nuova ) was to your liking.
I am sorry that you had reason to complain, but can only hope that you may return to Conversano when I may have an opportunity to redeem myself.
With best wishes from Apulia.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We picked Corte Altavilla based on reviews from this website and I am so delighted we did! Last week my husband and I along with my parents stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel was gorgeous, the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our favorite experience at the hotel was the wonderful restaurant. Our waitress, Rosemary was patient and kind. My husband has an extremely limited Italian vocabulary but with Rosemary's help we were able to order delicious meals. We plan on returning to Conversano in the future and look forward to staying at Corte Altavilla again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the the title of your review about ... Great choice ... Thanks a lot... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. We find some troubles but we'll do better in the future also with your good advise!
Thank you so much for your comment about the service of the staff.
The hotel staff, the historic centre of Conversano and its cathedral are waiting again for you!
Letizia