“Wish I could give a full review”
Review of Altes Kelterhaus

Altes Kelterhaus
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Wintrich
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Wish I could give a full review”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We went there today on the basis of trip advisor.
Was a bit concerned that the last review was in 2012. And can see why
The grass outside was unkept and although the place looked first class inside the overall feel was a bit down.
There were about 4 couples in the place spread out inside and out so no atmosphere at all.
We asked for a table for 4 at just after 7pm and the waitress (only one we could see) asked the chef who said no room. We queried this as there was loads of room.
Can only think they had a very large party coming in, of which there was no sign, or the chef wanted an early night.
The food we saw people eating looked nice but this not a place I would recommend until they sort their service levels.
Guest house Simon down the road was complete opposite
Friendly staff and some if the best wine I have ever had.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank KevinSoton

Las Vegas
“Must go!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It’s hard to believe that there are only 6 other reviews for this place. Perhaps there just aren’t many people visiting the Mosel. I say go! And stay at Hubertushof B&B in Lieser!

Marcus has now grown from camera-shy tiny village chef, to TV chef (so I hear). Whatever, the food is still great and the presentation is wonderful. I also ate brunch on my last visit and the country, pan-fried waffles were outstanding. Marcus also makes Pork Tartar. Yes, pork. I’ve had it twice in Germany and love it! The menu always changes, so just look at some pictures of the crazy food!

I’ll agree that the service isn’t brilliant, but I do think that it is getting better. I don’t care; this is a great experience and one of my favorite places in the world. And when I say the bar scene is pretty good, I mean that there are 6 seats and good conversation, not hip-hop garbage.

• Visited March 2012
7 Thank hoohoolian
Brussels, Belgium
“Just wonderful!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

From the first dish of cold food that we shared, to the main dishes we ordered (both meat and fish), and to the dessert, there is not enough words to describe the wonderful culinary experience that we had! The chef is an artist! The taste was fantastic, the presentation as well, the ingredients so fresh and tasty... We can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank taxideutis
Ahus, Sweden
“Touristic with good kitchen but it took 1h15min to get food”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The chef could not manage the guests i the restaurant. It took 1,25 hour to get food. The food was exillent but information om the time could be better.
The waitres tryed their best but it couldn match even the plate och the time it took to get the food.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank nilsfredrik
Las Vegas
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Markus Plein is one of the most creative chef's I know. He picks things fresh from the garden and makes his own butter, ham -- everything! The uniqueness in his service is dazzling. He serves us whatever he feels like, and we're very happy! Unless you have dietary restrictions, just let the man feed you!

15 Thank hoohoolian