“Pretty Average. Not for foodies!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall the food was very bland and unexciting. The portions were reasonably big and the ingredients seemed fresh enough. Food presentation was OK and the service friendly but the wait staff were were definitley harried. The atmosphere was pleasant enough and the bar area looked good. Would be fun for perhaps a large gathering of folks with lots of kids.

1  Thank Sean M

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I hadn't been to Macaroni's for a while, as most of the "on base" diners are appalling for food and more often than not, service.
We told the server we were hopeful for our meal and service, and she acted accordingly and gave us great service.
The food was nice, i'm not a big Italian food fan (not that this is the place i'd eat if i were)! The food was good, the service was good, I would go back and I was for a change pleasantly surprised with a "on post" eatery.

1  Thank thesteveo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you're looking for standard, American chain food as a fix from home, Macaroni Grill is a fine experience. I tried the chicken caesar salad and the cheesecake to go. The chicken salad was pretty flavorless and bland but the cheesecake was fine. Nothing to write home about. The staff was very kind, though, and though I went at 1900, there was only a ten minute wait for my food.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've always enjoyed the Macaroni Grill in the US and expected the same good food and service, but I was sorely mistaken! Upon arrival the hostess told us there would be a 30-40 minute wait, which was ridiculous. We could see numerous empty tables, several waiting to be bussed. Our group of four elected to have dinner sitting at the bar instead of waiting. The service at the bar was quick, but our cocktails were poorly mixed. About 15 minutes after giving my dinner order the bartender came back to ask what I'd ordered again, because she'd forgotten! When our food arrived my first bite was ice cold! I called the bartender over and told her it was cold. She whisked my plate away without saying a word. No apology, nothing! About 10 minutes later she brought back my plate, which had obviously been microwaved, and set it in front of me again without saying a word. I had ordered the chicken scaloppini, because it's one of my favorite dishes. It was flavorless and greasy. The atmosphere was very stressful! Throughout our meal the staff were constantly yelling out the names of people whose tables were ready and to one another. It was impossible to have a conversation with the other people in our party. I was very disappointed in the unprofessional staff, poor management, and terrible food. If I'd wanted horrible, microwaved food, I'd have stayed home with a tv dinner and still had a better experience!

2  Thank Cat R
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Met here for a business lunch and had a nice time. They were busy, but attentive. I had the pasta Milano which was pretty tasty. The only real complaint is they didn't have good coffee. We all got some after the meal and it was just awful. My guess it was brewed first thing that morning and cooked all day.