“PCS with a vacation!”

Hotel Pirsch
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“PCS with a vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was PCS'ing back to the states from Germany and it seemed everything went wrong with the move. The movers messed up so many things. I was in love with Germany until this move. I though..I can't wait to get out of this place! I was given a list of hotels to stay after I cleared my flat. After reading a previous review on the hotel, I chose the Hotel Pirsch, and I am so glad I did! I just wanted to check into the hotel and hide until my flight back home. The first person I met there was a nice young lady who I had to get her name because she was so wonderful. Yvonne greeted us with a smile and was not overly cheerful like some hotels and their fake courtesies, which is exactly what I needed that day..a REAL person. She recognized we were exhausted and quickly checked us in and even assisted us to carry a bag to our room on the second floor so we could get some rest. It seemed this girl worked constantly because she was there that evening and the three subsequent evenings and it was great! Since we were in transition, we had no car, a canceled cell phone and were in an area of Ramstein we were not familiar with. Yvonne called us a cab when we needed it and kept us entertained while we waited. After the 5th and worse PCS yet, it was nice to relax before heading to the states and taking a new assignment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Somar R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The good: I had a once in a lifetime business trip recently and I had an unexpected interuption in my flight plan. I was forced to land in Spain, but not in any ideal dream vacation spot, more of a hold your wallet in your hand type area.Then the crapy airline company had to stop near a town called Ramstine, not a bad local but certainly very unexpected and I had business waiting for me and the airline told me it would be 2 days before we could continue on. They are getting their own sour review, so enough about that. So this was the bad to worse part. I was completely upset about this and asked someone at the airport to recomend a hotel. I was given a card and took a cab to the Hotel Pirsch where I was greeted with a smile that was the first of many pleasant gestures of which I had at the hotel. I believe the woman behind the counters name was Sandra. She was so pleasant and for me a non German speaker, she was able to inform me of a good restaurant to eat nearby called Big Emmas. It lived up to it's name let me tell you. If I am to go somewhere I usually get some phrases or at least a phrase book to communicate but it was not needed. The wonderful staff at the hotel was fluent in English and were able to recomend dinning, shopping and entertainment sites to me for the duration of my unexpected 2 day stay. If I am ever in the Ramstine area or within descent ground travel distance of the Hotel Pirsch I would definately be a return guest. Notice I didn't say customer. I was not treated as a person who was just forking over money and provided a service, but as a guest. Thank you to the staff of the Hotel Pirsch for making an unpleasant experience an impromptu vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Randi40997
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I first stayed at the Hotel Pirsch in 2000 and have been there twice since then. It may well be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are tidy and efficient, and the bathrooms are kept so thoroughly spotless that they always look brand new, even though I'm quite sure the fixtures haven't changed in the twelve years since I first stayed there. They offer an extremely generous full hot breakfast buffet every day that is inclusive in the price, and the leftover cakes and pastries are available in the lobby with fresh coffee all day long. They now also offer free wireless access, which is especially nice on extended stays. It's located on a quiet street within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and cafes in Ramstein village, and also very close to the U.S. air base at Ramstein and army facilities at Landstuhl. My German is solid enough, but of course the staff all speak English if you need it.

Room Tip: You won't have much of a view regardless of where your room is. The west side adjoins a constru...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Pirsch is a small, family run hotel in a quiet location on the outskirts of Ramstein. There is a large US airbase nearby but the aircraft noise is not noticeable. My 2-bed double room was large, plainly furnished but comfortable. The only negative was the bathroom which was tiny. The German- style breakfast buffet was excellent and included in the price. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank psandps
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Umpteenth visit over the years – sometimes it’s had a restaurant – this time (and last) it didn’t.

They do say that after Christmas they hope to offer evening meals again – it does have a restaurant in true German style which currently only serves breakfast. I popped up to McDonalds – it was convenient, hot, quick and filled a hole!!

It’s very old-fashioned by any standard but it’s outrageously clean, warm and tidy and is excellent value for money. Good hot shower too.

The Wi-Fi wasn’t playing very well on this visit – kept dropping out – but it’s free (though they rather weirdly insist on a photocopy of your ID before they will give you a pass phrase).

Breakfast and parking both acceptable and there is plenty of both. If it has a downside it’s the noise from heavy transports lifting skywards at regular intervals.

Room Tip: No aircon so its very warm and noisy in summer
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The staff was very informative and friendly. The location is perfect - it feels as if it is off the beaten path but is actually very, very close to the base and other services. The breakfast was great. It was very clean. Not tons of amenities in the room, but I didn't spend much time there anyway. I would stay there again. Make sure you take care of any business with the front desk before 10:00 PM - it closes after that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grantham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

The rooms are of a reasonable size and very clean. However, I was given one of the smoking rooms (at my request) which had perhaps the smallest bathroom I've ever seen.

The staff are very friendly and overall this is a pleasant hotel to stay in, especially for business.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business