Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
$301
$129
$91
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

The Beacon(Sandyford)
$122
$106
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$118
Free cancellation until 05/31
$92
$89
Hotels.com
$200
$181
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
$213
$174
Official Site
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa(Dun Laoghaire)(Great Value!)
$140
Hotels.com
$118
$113
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
1,738 results
All reviewsbrass barcity centrenice hotelbar fooddublin bayfamily roomdun laoghaireone night stayfollowing morningwould stay againbus stoplovely roomwould highly recommend this hoteldouble bedpurple sage restaurantucdrte
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We stayed here last weekend as we were in the area for a friends party.The location is probably too far out if you are wanting to spend a lot of time around the city centre. That said,the bus service is excellent- every ten mins, about fifteen mins journey and 1.60 euro to town so it depends what you want. Don't make the mistake of getting a taxi, we paid 13 euro for a short journey! We've also stayed in Ballsbridge, which is close by, before and it was a complete disaster getting a taxi back late at night.

The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, if characterless. Adjustable heating and an excellent shower made it slightly above average. We paid nearly £150 and no breakfast!!!! It is available for £12.00 but we emprovised with supplies from Marks and Spencer. There are also two well stocked garage shops on the doorstep.

In short you could do worse, particularly on a busy weekend, but shop around.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank soozisoomk2
TalbotStillorgan, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Reviewed February 21, 2007

For those complaining about location, it should be obvious when you do your research that the hotel takes a little bit of travelling to. Get the air coach from the airport and it takes about a hour. However, that is only because it stops off at every other single place in Dublin first.

When I walked into the hotel, it seemed a lot smaller than the pictures shown on the hotel website. Very clean and bright reception area. Reception staff very welcoming.

Room was my major dissapointment as it was very small. I am only 5'2" and at one point during the night, i woke up to find my feet were hanging over the edge of the bed - very small! It was a very clean room but as it was so hot when we got into the room, we opened a window, only to find that there was a generator outside the window - very noisy!

Hotel food was good. Had a great sandwich, crisps and three salads in the bar for just over 5 euros.

The restaurant manager was lovely and not at all weird ike previous reviews have said.

Apart from the room, i really enjoyed our stay. Howver, on my return to Dublin, I would probably look to stay elsewhere. Not because the hotel was bad, but because i like to try different places.

All in all, a good stay (if you are under 5'2"!!!!)

I would reccomend.

Stayed: February 2007

Reviewed February 12, 2007

This stay was awful from start to finish. I am not a fussy person but it was so substandard. I had booked an executive room with King Bed. We got a small double room with two beds pushed together and two separate blankets. The hotel corridors smelt of sick and a generator buzzed next to us for the whole night. No mini bar in a four star executive room is not usual. In the morning, a half attempt to clear up a customers vomit in the lift was to be seen and on our return to the room, we had to take the stairs as the smell was so bad. I was so angry at check out and was going to complain when asked how was my stay but I wasn't even asked. I was asked for room number and when I gave the receptionist the cards, " fine" was the only thing said to me. Well, I thought if no one cared in there, there was no point in complaining. I got the hell out of there and will certainly not be returning or recommending this place to anyone. For a four star hotel, it was a disgrace.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank golfDublin

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Reviewed January 9, 2007

I live in Dublin and have passed this hideous looking hotel many times and heard about its overly colourful decor but I needed to use it recently as its location was perfect for a night I had in the area.
I was totally taken aback by it. We checked in with friendly staff and headed to our room. The room was on the top floor in what appeared to be the shape of an attic style room. The space in the room was used very cleverly and the room decor as opposed to the hall decor was very well chosen and very modern. The bed was perfect as were the bed clothes. There was a nice friendly bar on the premises and free parking. What more can I say, it pleasantly surprised me.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elleor126

Reviewed October 28, 2006

Great hotel. Attention to detail was superb. Staff friendly and efficient, nothing was too much to ask. We booked a smoking suite which was fantastic. Fruit and bottled water on arrival, bathrobes in wardrobe. Bathroom could have been better but it did have a jacuzzi bath and lovely smellys which were replenished every day. Two tvs in our suite, iron and board and a comfy couch that could be used as another bed. Magazines on the coffee table, even had a dining table. Advertised as being 10 minutes away from the city centre which is probably true in the small hours but with the traffic can take up to 25 minutes. Taxis charge by the time in traffic aswell as distance...beware!! Aber the complimentary bus driver is very friendly and obliging. Thoroughly recommend this hotel but it is on a very busy road but the double glazing takes the noise down. However if you want a completely noise free holiday it may not be the place for you but if you can comprimose it then this hotel is definately worth the visit

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Shelly74