“Loved Caracol!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caracol

Caracol
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Varzea
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brooklyn, NY
“Loved Caracol!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I ate here a couple of times while I was staying at the Villa Pedra Natural Houses (which I also highly recommend.) The food was delicious and possibly the best value for a meal I have ever had, given its price. Two different nights, we had a three-course dinner for two with two carafes of wine for about 30 euros.

Perhaps the best thing about the restaurant is the owner; he took such good care of us, we really were sad to leave the area. For me, it was a great local restaurant with great local Portugese cuisine. Don't go expecting 5-star, 'out of this world' gourmet meals - but if you want good food and great wine at a fantastic price, I highly recommend Caracol.

• Visited October 2012