Hotel zum Weyssen Roessle
Landhaus Lauble(Hornberg)
$128
$92
$83
Hotel Restaurant Sieben Linden(Schramberg)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotel Winterhaldenhof(Schenkenzell)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Waldblick(Schenkenzell)
TripAdvisor
Naturparkhotel Adler St. Roman(Wolfach - St. Roman)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblack foresthomemade jamsfantastic hotelstayed for two nightswonderful stayulrichgenerationsregionhostscerealalpsrosiehairdryer
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at Gasthof Weysses Rossle two nights for personal holiday during a two week business trip. Rose was a gracious hostess, always taking time to explain the menu as I do not speak or read German. She also suggested a couple of options for day trips, and the suggestions were very helpful and enjoyable.
The first night's meal was excellent. I asked around town for about restaurants for the second night, and Gasthoff Weysses was always the first choice suggested, so I returned for another excellent meal. I highly recommend the homemade cherry ice cream. Prices are reasonable as well.
I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this Gasthoff to family and friends travelling in the area.
L. Powell
South Carolina, USA

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LaMont P
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We went to the restaurant at the Gasthof with friends for an evening meal. Wonderfully relaxed atmoshphere.
The food was very good and we found that the vegetarian option of rosti and mushrooms was tasty and filling. Included was a help yourself salad bar.
Reasonably priced for 4 of us with wine and mineral water.
Hostess very friendly and spoke good english.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HampshireTraveller46
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My 11 year old son and I have been traveling for 5 weeks, with 2 weeks in Germany, and Hotel Gasthof zum Weyssen Rossle zu Schiltach is in our top two so far. Rose is a warm and generous hostess. She went out of her way to make us feel comfortable, as our German is limited some of our communications in our travels has been challenging. Not all hotels really welcome children (even if they say they do), Rose could not have been warmer.
The rooms are charming, clean and have the modern amenities needed, such as the bathroom fixtures.
We had dinner in the restaurant at the hotel, the dark beer was delicious, as were both of our meals. I found the prices to be very reasonable for the quality of the menu and ingredients. Breakfast was beautifully presented and also delicious, the coffee was especially good and freshly pressed.
I hope to have the opportunity to visit lovely Schiltach again, I would absolutely select Hotel Gasthof zum Weyssen Rossle as my first choice of where to stay.
Lastly, the tour of the museum and showroom at Hansgrohe was an fun way to spend a few hours and learn more about the history of bathing as well as their fantastic design center.

Room Tip: We were in room 6, back of hotel, SO QUIET
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights over Easter and had an amazing time. The owners were so friendly and helpful, and speak very good English, which seems to be true of most of Germany. Our room was extremely clean, and the bathroom has brand new and modern fittings, the shower in particular was lovely. We stayed in Room 4, which even while facing the road, was very quiet. We couldn't hear a thing from other rooms or outside.

We ended up having dinner at the Hotel on all three nights we were there. The food was fantastic! I can highly recommend the Weiner Schnitzel, the Pork Kebab and all the soups! All the food was so delicious, we definitely gained a few kg's while staying there.

Schiltach is one of the prettiest villages I have ever been to and definitely our favourite in the Black Forest. We used the Konus card provided by the hotel which gave us free travel throughout the Black Forest, and while it is a bit further to travel, the trains are so easy to use and it's worth it since it feels like you're really secluded, but still super close!

I can highly recommend this Hotel and the town of Schiltach, and would love to come back and visit again. My partner and I literally sat down and tried to think of something negative about the Hotel, but we couldn't think of anything!

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Niki84
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The 2 reviews below have said it all, this is a real gem in the Black Forest.The food was excellent and very reasonably priced, the owners went out of their way to make our stay such a pleasant experience. We looked into some of the other premises mentioned and were very glad we had booked Hotel Roessle.
Our only complaint was the weather, it rained for 6 of the 7 days we were there but this is not the norm for July.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple