“We will gladly stay here again!”
Review of Zur Alten Brucke

Zur Alten Brucke
Ranked #1 of 3 Schiltach B&B and Inns
Australia
“We will gladly stay here again!”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This is an awesome place in a great little town. Schiltach is gorgeous. The owners are very friendly and relaxed. All questions were answered very quickly and effectively and we were given fabulous tips for sight seeing and more importantly directions to drive there (we hired a car and drove from Vienna). Wireless internet is available (BYO laptop). The meals here are excellent so make sure you eat in the restaurant - Michael is a fabulous cook. We really enjoyed our stay and if we do return to the black forrest someday we will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Madrid
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Agree with most of the other reviewers. Schiltach is a lovely place...and the gasthof is a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gringomadrid
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2009

After much research - most of it on TripAdvisor - I decided upon this Gasthof as a one night stay on our way driving between southern Germany and Strasbourg. I am so glad I did. In fact all of our group wished we had planned on more than one night. If there is one place you should stop in the Black Forest, or in southwest Germany for that matter, it needs to be here in the town of Schiltach and here at the Zur Alten Brucke.

Where do I start? Pretty much everything begins and ends with the owner/operators - Michael and Lisa Mogler. Michael is German and Lisa is American. I just cannot say enough about their hospitality and cooperation in making our stay special. Our group, five in my family plus one aunt and one brother-in-law, was somewhat of a logistical challenge, but they pulled it off no problem. My room looked out over the Schiltach river. Michael and Lisa are in the midst of renovating all of the rooms, but ours was very comfortable - we slept like babies with the windows open and the sound of the river running below.

Once we got to the Alten Brucke, we had no reason to leave. Michael cooked a wonderful local dinner and Lisa made sure our glasses stayed full of beer all night. Many locals are regular drinkers/diners at the bar/restaraunt which adds to the experience. In warmer months, the Moglers have a small biergarten next to the river which unfortunately we did not get to take advantage of.

The town of Schiltach is a gem tucked away in a valley with a lovely, picteresque half-timbered town center. Our one regret was not having enough time to more fully explore the town and its surroundings. This is not the typical Black Forest tourist town. It is a working city that happens to have a great deal to offer tourists who choose to stop here.

I encourage you to do so if you are anywhere nearby!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank eurotripper22
Klusserath
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I can't remember how I found this slice of peacefulness on the internet, so let me make it easy for you. www.altebruecke.de. We decided to go to the Black Forest instead of Oktoberfest in Munich. I found this place outside of the tourist town Baden-Baden. It was better pricedand and seemed to have more things to offer. When I called to make reservations, I was pleasantly surprized by an English speaking person, Lisa. She was very accomodating and made sure we had a room overlooking the river (nice). On our trip to the hotel, we were delayed and wold not be able to make it until almost 2300hrs! When I called and talked to Lisa, she asked if we had anything to eat. I told her we were snacking in the car. She told me to stop and not to worry, they would keep the kitchen open for us. When we arrived, Mike met us at the door, helped me with parking and brought my luggage in. From there, we were treated like family. We went to our HUGE room and cleaned up. Down the stairs and into the dining room the barkeep(I can't remember his name, but he was cool), sat us and gave us menus and drinks. We had a most delicious meal and went to bed in very comfortable accomodations with full bellies. We talked about the places we would see and events we would do before we drifted to sleep. Thanks to Lisa, she filled us in on some of the happenings in the area. The next day, we got up late and missed the breakfast. We spent the whole day out and had dinner elsewhere. When we returned, we joined Mike, Lisa some locals and other guests at a table for drinks and good conversation. We stayed up all night telling stories, laughing, drinking and having a good time. We felt very welcomed and comfortable, and I feel we made good friends. We would go back in a heartbeat, matter of fact, we plan on doing it this weekend!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MnE4
Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Michael and Lisa are awesome. They are very friendly, informed and will bend backwards, forward (like a German Pretzel) for their guests. The rooms were spacious and clean .That restaurant they have... Oh Baby Oh Baby!! I still think about it as one of my best meals in Germany.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We loved our stay in the beautiful Balck Forest. The hotel was charming and comfortable. We had dinner in the hotel and we loved it. Each of my children enjoyed their meals. The best part was the hosptitality of Lisa and Mike. I highly recommend the hotel as a central point in exploring all of the amazing sights the Black Forest has to offer. We even had a lunch packed for us by Lisa before we went on our hike.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
munich
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This hotel in Schiltach really offers what they are promising, enabling us to enjoy intimate and beautiful time in the black forest. The warm atmosphere and the typical german cuisine are combined with the black forest feeling that we really liked.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ichessgerngut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiltach
Hotel Waldblick
Hotel Winterhaldenhof
Hotel Winterhaldenhof
#2 of 2 in Schenkenzell
Schwarzwaldhotel Garni Wolfach

Been to Zur Alten Brucke? Share your experiences!