“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Schiltach B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night a recent road trip through Europe. Schiltach was recommended to us by my mother-in-law but we hadn't booked any accommodation. I unfortunately was very unwell when we arrived (due to a bout of food poisoning picked up from somewhere else) and so my husband was tasked with walking around and finding us a place to stay. He found Gasthof Brucke and I am so glad he did! It was absolutely lovely. Lisa, the hostess, was so caring and hospitable - she brought me up a cup of tea and gave me DVDs to watch as I wasn't going to be leaving the room. My husband made some friends with other people in the town and ended up bringing them all back to the hotel for dinner - and although the kitchen was closed, Michael and Lisa opened back up for them and they had a fantastic night.
The location is fantastic and the view from the room was over the river which was very pretty. I highly recommend staying in Schiltach and absolutely recommend staying at Basthof Brucke. The breakfast was great (so my husband said - I still wasn't eating) and they cooked him fresh eggs the way he wanted them. My only disappointment was that because I was sick I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I could. However, we will be going back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Stayed here recently and it was just perfect. Lisa and Michael were so friendly and helpful during our stay. The river terrace was a wonderful location for afternoon drinks, coupled with cakes from the cake shop over the river (which is AMAZING). We had a meal that night in the guest house and our German friend who was traveling with us thought the food was some of the best he had had in the black forest. Breakfast was also great with lots of fresh fruit and pastries. The location is so central and we spent a wonderful day pottering around this picturesque town. We also went to the bathroom museum, which was surprisingly very good and free!! All in all a perfect stay. Would HIGHLY recommend you stay here,

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My family and I have just returned from Germany and were fortunate to stay at the Gasthof Brucke. We were there only a few days but would have stayed longer. Our hosts were warm and friendly and extremely helpful, accommodations were very comfortable and the view of the river from our window was delightful. The owner of the hotel is an excellent chef. My husband, son and I ordered different things from the menu and each of us said it was delicious, a first class meal. I will recommend this place to family and friends. Our visit here was in the winter when snow was on the ground, extremely pretty, and we look forward to going back one day in the warmer months also. Whatever time of the year, the next time we are in the area, we will stay at the Gasthof Brucke.

• Liked — The warmth and friendliness of our hosts, our comfortable rooms. We were there for a funeral. They were extremely sympathetic and helpful.
  • Disliked — We had no complaints.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2008

As backpackers we could not find any hostels to stay in at Schiltach so we decided on this hotel due to the recommendation in the Lonely Planet and we were not disappointed. The owner of the business, Mike, is very friendly and a wonderful host. Although we were the only guests staying in the hotel the weekend we were there (travelling in the low season) we were still given the full treatment, i.e. full buffet breakfast, delicious dinners were offered which were very reasonably priced. The hotel room was magnificent too - very comfortable and with a view of the river. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone stopping in the beautiful little town of Schiltach!!

• Liked — Everything was brilliant! Free wifi even offered!
  • Disliked — No complaints at all
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiltach
Hotel zum Weyssen Roessle
#1 of 4 in Oberwolfach
Hotel-Pension Cafe Schacher
Hotel-Pension Cafe Schacher
#2 of 4 in Oberwolfach

Been to Zur Alten Brucke? Share your experiences!