Zur Alten Brucke
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Winterhaldenhof(Schenkenzell)
Hotel Waldblick(Schenkenzell)
View Hotel
Naturparkhotel Adler St. Roman(Wolfach - St. Roman)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kaeppelehof(Lauterbach)
  • Pool
Landhaus Lauble(Hornberg)
View Hotel
All reviewsblack foresthost michaelfresh berriesevening meal was goodlovely townsmall townhotel ownera lovely staystayed one nighthotel is locatedcomfortable hotelgermanyhugsmaultaschenstreamguesthousebakery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2011

It was only on looking for a hotel in another part of germany today that I remembered how much I had enjoyed two nights here last September. I had booked one night but rang up to extend to two and was told that was fine. The journey was terrible, pounding rain all the way from Rothenburg and the mists were so low that it was inpossible to tell what the village was like even. We booked in and went up to the room, which had a balcony. I stood on the balcony and wondered why on earth I had booked one because all I could see was mist! A drink in the (comfortable) bar later the mist was lifting and to our delight it became clear that this was an exceptional village, deep in a valley, indeed as the mist rose I was amazed to see more and more trees going further and further up. A walk around the village later (which is well worth a few hours walking round the hills) we had a really good dinner with plenty of beer, obst and home made chocolate liqueur. The food was great, I remember having very good mushroom sauces in particular, it was clear that everything is home made, which is great and Michael is a much better chef than you would expect to find in a small inn, which makes it all the better. Lisa as well was very friendly and helpful, we enjoyed a good chat with them both and far too much schnapps. The second day was bright and clear, the breakfast good and on return to the Inn the food was, again, excellent. The last morning we were directed to a great bakery after a (moderate) bill. Really very good, I look forward to coming again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Mogler, Owner at Zur Alten Brucke, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thanks! Yes, the weather was horrible the day you arrived but I recall it improved! Thank goodness. Both Lisa and I loved having you and hope to see you again when you are in Germany.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and i are travelling Europe, the travell guide we have stated that Schiltach was the most beautiful town in the Black Forrest (they were correct by the way its absolutly stunning) we stopped in at the Zur Alten Brucke hotel looking for food and found not only a wonderful place to eat and have a few drinks but a wonderful hotel. The price was very good and included a buffet breakfast also wifi. The room we had wasnt huge but the bed was big, there was no street noise and the shower had good water pressure. We had two wonderful dinners there (try the dumplings with the sweet onion sauce) and a good couple nights drinking with some locals. Our hosts Lisa and Michael were extreemly friendly, easy to get along with and full of really useful information about the area (thanks for the bakery recomendation Lisa!!!). Wonderful People wonderful place. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying with hosts Micheal and Lisa at their Gasthaus in October 2010. We enjoyed every minute of our stay, due largely in part to the kindness of our hosts, our room, and the high quality of the meals we were served. The Black Forest is a lovely area and is made even more enjoyable by establishments like Zur Alten Brucke in Schiltach. Vielen dank Micheal and Lisa.

Don and Celine

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Great value accommodation in a traditional Black Forest style character building, centrally located and expertly run by a hard working friendly couple. Excellent buffet breakfast and flexible half board arrangements. Complimentary rail and bus pass vouchers offered to us which were great. The hosts had good knowledge of the area, offered well equiped rooms including flat screen TV's, tea making facilities upon request, abundance of hot water and superb showers, clock/radio and telephone, Wi-Fi and incredible views of the snow covered hills and pretty houses. Safe drinking water and wonderful local beer added to the experience. A really warm welcome and lovely atmosphere - where the great sense of humour made our Christmas special. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiSomersetUK
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Zur Alten Brucke recently. The owners could not have been more welcoming and helpfull -- even helping us carry our luggage up to our room.
The room and bathroom were both sparkling clean and the location was just beautiful. Looking out our window, up toward the mountain, along the river, in morning with the mist, it was magical. My husband and I had a drink out on the lovely river terrace that the hotel has. Even a bit chilly, it was so relaxing to sit and listen to the water and watch the ducks. We enjoyed two delicious meals cooked by Mr. Mogler. He is a chef and even if you don't stay at the hotel, I recommend you dine there. Our meals were some of the best that we had during our trip. We loved meeting their dog, Max. Parking was not a problem, there was street parking and the Moglers were kind enough to give us a parking pass. Oh, and they had free WiFi! As soon as we got there, Mrs. Mogler gave us the password so that we could connect. We were delighted -- we had just come from a Hilton that charged outrages per minute rates for Internet access. Thank you Moglers for a great stay in your lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mogler, Owner at Zur Alten Brucke, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thanks so much for your review. We completely enjoyed having both of you here and remember clearly our conversation about free wi-fi. We agree, in this day and age it should be standard everywhere. Michael says thanks too for the compliments about his food. He always gives his best and loves hearing from people who appreciate his great cooking. We hope the rest of your holiday is fantastic!