Lowest prices for your stay
$69
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Booking.com$69
Priceline$69
getaroom.com$76
All reviews underground parking business trip long stay breakfast buffet is hotel bar ideal location linate airport free of charge car taxi milan comfort transport nord companies
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I think most of the reviews I've seen here are pretty much on the mark. This is a clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. I had a room facing the autostrada, and it was amazing how good the soundproofing is. Only if I turned off the AC unit could I barely hear the highway traffic, but it was very faint. I slept great here, and the wifi worked fine. As the other reviews state, it is a little tricky getting into and out of the area. I have a new Europe map in my Garmin Nuvi, but once I got close enough to the hotel that I could see it, I just had to figure out all the roundabouts and such the old-fashioned way (following the small signs to the Holiday Inn), as my GPS "blacked out." I didn't really use the restaurant, so I have no comments there, and I didn't even think about using public transportation, so no comments there. About the only negative comments I might make is that they normally charge extra for the underground parking and the internet is not free either, so don't forget to tack on these charges when comparing rates. But I purchased 24 hours of internet for 13 Euros and was able to use it over about a 4 to 5 day period, so by European standards, that was a pretty good deal. And while the front desk staff were nice, the cleaning staff did not seem to be too happy to be there. But as long as the room was clean, I guess I am OK with that. All in all, a good place to stay if you need to do business along the northern rim of Milan.

Room tip: My room faced the autostrada (I think A4), and it was plenty quiet enough, so I would not worry about whether your room faces the highway or not. I was on the 5th floor.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Ed C
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just got back from Milan, stayed at the Holiday Inn Nord, there absolutely nothing to do around there you have to travel by either bus or underground for 1/2 hour to get to anywhere,plus the 20minutes walk to the underground. If your tired you cant just pop back for a rest because by the time you travel back to the hotel the thought of travelling back just puts you off. Went to a cafe nearby on our way to hotel to buy a drink and i felt like i was an inconvenience to him, i didn't find the Italians friendly in the slightest. on the plus side the hotel was modern and clean. And if you want a laugh ask for the Gym (there was just 4 items) i choose the Holiday Inn as it was a name we all know i want be making that mistake again.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paulette P
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in Milan for one night with friends at this hotel. We had no real issues with the place other than the fact that it was so far away from the city. And as tourists we spent a long time on the metro travelling to sights. Wouldn't recommend to anyone coming for a quick stay... :(

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank loveholidays1010
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear loveholidays1208,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are deeply sorry you found the location of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The room is great!!The bed was comfortable. The staff is helpfully but only the reception staff speak english.Very basic restaurant that's not open for dinner. Room service too is very basic and is available till midnight. Basic gym one treadmill and a cross trainer.
Location is not the best. You would have to ask the reception for a taxi or it's a bus ride or a long walk to the train station.Ther is a shopping complex a five min walk a way but you would have to race a cross a highway to get there. It can be done as all people in the area seems to do so. I would say it's ideal if your passing through Milan and you have hired a car and you just need a good nights rest.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank HiranR
Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you want to visit Milan, then you have to rent a car, otherwise it's a nightmare getting to and from Milan. The hotel is about 2km away from the beginning of the metro line (I think there is a bus that runs from Cinisello Balsamo-where the hotel is, to San Giovani, where the metro line starts).
On the other hand, maps on any gps are outdated, because there are constant works on the roads around the hotel- some of the streets on my gps had disappeared completely.
My makeshift solution was to rent a car and drive to Sesto San Giovani where the metro line begins (driving in Milan is awful, so I wanted to avoid that). Just next to the metro station there is a big parking lot- 3 euros for a whole day. The ticket to center Milan costs 1.8 euros.
Now back to the hotel itself: I would say that it is an "honest" hotel because what you see is what you get. A big parking lot of their own (and a public one just across the street), clean looking building, not many amenieties but everything that is there works perfectly, is clean and proper.
Rooms: quite spacious, nicely decorated, but many of them face the highway that passes just under the windows (the soundproofing is great, we couldn't hear the noise coming from the road). Large beds, not a very large wardrobe.
Staff was great, they helped with anything we needed, spoke very good English.
Overall impression: it would be a great hotel if it were somewhere closer to means of transport. I would probably stay there again, but only provided I have a car again.

Date of stay: March 2012