Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$75
Hotels.com$75
Priceline$75
Travelocity$75
eDreams$75
getaroom.com$83
All reviews underground parking business trip long stay breakfast buffet is hotel bar ideal location linate airport free of charge car taxi milan comfort transport nord companies
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just got back from Milan, stayed at the Holiday Inn Nord, there absolutely nothing to do around there you have to travel by either bus or underground for 1/2 hour to get to anywhere,plus the 20minutes walk to the underground. If your tired you cant just pop back for a rest because by the time you travel back to the hotel the thought of travelling back just puts you off. Went to a cafe nearby on our way to hotel to buy a drink and i felt like i was an inconvenience to him, i didn't find the Italians friendly in the slightest. on the plus side the hotel was modern and clean. And if you want a laugh ask for the Gym (there was just 4 items) i choose the Holiday Inn as it was a name we all know i want be making that mistake again.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paulette P
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in Milan for one night with friends at this hotel. We had no real issues with the place other than the fact that it was so far away from the city. And as tourists we spent a long time on the metro travelling to sights. Wouldn't recommend to anyone coming for a quick stay... :(

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank loveholidays1010
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear loveholidays1208,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are deeply sorry you found the location of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The room is great!!The bed was comfortable. The staff is helpfully but only the reception staff speak english.Very basic restaurant that's not open for dinner. Room service too is very basic and is available till midnight. Basic gym one treadmill and a cross trainer.
Location is not the best. You would have to ask the reception for a taxi or it's a bus ride or a long walk to the train station.Ther is a shopping complex a five min walk a way but you would have to race a cross a highway to get there. It can be done as all people in the area seems to do so. I would say it's ideal if your passing through Milan and you have hired a car and you just need a good nights rest.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank HiranR
Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you want to visit Milan, then you have to rent a car, otherwise it's a nightmare getting to and from Milan. The hotel is about 2km away from the beginning of the metro line (I think there is a bus that runs from Cinisello Balsamo-where the hotel is, to San Giovani, where the metro line starts).
On the other hand, maps on any gps are outdated, because there are constant works on the roads around the hotel- some of the streets on my gps had disappeared completely.
My makeshift solution was to rent a car and drive to Sesto San Giovani where the metro line begins (driving in Milan is awful, so I wanted to avoid that). Just next to the metro station there is a big parking lot- 3 euros for a whole day. The ticket to center Milan costs 1.8 euros.
Now back to the hotel itself: I would say that it is an "honest" hotel because what you see is what you get. A big parking lot of their own (and a public one just across the street), clean looking building, not many amenieties but everything that is there works perfectly, is clean and proper.
Rooms: quite spacious, nicely decorated, but many of them face the highway that passes just under the windows (the soundproofing is great, we couldn't hear the noise coming from the road). Large beds, not a very large wardrobe.
Staff was great, they helped with anything we needed, spoke very good English.
Overall impression: it would be a great hotel if it were somewhere closer to means of transport. I would probably stay there again, but only provided I have a car again.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Important: GPS maps are outdated in the hotel area, due to multiple road works and new streets. I used iGo and TomTom (latest versions from 2011), plus OviMaps (latest update from 2012). You can follow the road safely to Cinisello Balsamo (if coming from Linate airport), but there is no round about there, so just follow the signs to Cinisello Balsamo Centro (city centre) OR depending on the road you took, follow the signs towards Via Cornaggia (hotel's address).

Now the facts:
Location: far far away. It's not recommended for tourists. It's at let's say 10-minute drive from closest subway station where you can park. It is a good option for business travelers (most of the population staying here) that need to go to Vimercate.

Overall look: pretty modern, clean with nice rooms. You'll get to 5th floor if you're a gold member, 6th floor if you're platinum. I was neither so I stayed at the second floor, in one of the newly restored/decorated rooms. Although it's close to the highway, it's not noisy. There's a good phonic isolation of the road.

Reception: They speak English, good enough to get along with them. Daily newspapers in the lobby (mainly Italian, but not only). I had some problems with my AmEx at their POS, but my card chip may be damaged (just warning you to have a backup).

Restaurant: I didn't try the food, due to my schedule, but I noticed that prices are 3-4 euros higher than Milan city center area (near Duomo or near Buenos Aires Blvd). If near Duomo you'll have a pizza for 9 euro, or pastas for 11-12 euros, here you'll pay 13-16.

Can-do policy: there's not much offered by default but they are willing to do just about anything to please you. So they say.

TV: a large selection of channels in many languages due to Sky box for digital TV, but whenever the tv guide spells movie, they spell “contact the reception” on the screen. You also have the pay-per-view system, separately. Anyway, if you're staying here, most likely you'll be pretty tired when you reach the hotel.

Taxi: they operate their own green cabs.

Parking: generous and free.

Local fauna : ) - at night (around 21-23 hours) the bunnies show up behind the hotel, on the lawn. Sometimes you may even see them in front of the hotel.

The things I hated: the universal shower gel – shampoo, all-in-one dispensers which always remind me of a shopping mall. Not to mention I ran out of shower-shampoo-gel in my last day of staying there. Two days before leaving they decided to remove one pair of towels, because sharing is everything in a couple – or I hope that's why they did it.

Internet: good wireless signal. For me it was included in the room rate.

Tips: bring a mains adapter and a GPS. You'll find Schuko sockets, but to my surprise many of the mains you can find in offices and even in the hotel are for the three-legged plugs. If you want to pay a lot for a meal and feel fancy, go to Navigli area, in Milan.

Room tip: I've seen a room offered for gold members and it doesn't differ that much from a regular one. Due to location I don't think there's a better or worse view from a certain room. It's just a view to nowhere.
Date of stay: March 2012