“Very nice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apelern
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Hotel Berghof, was very nice indeed. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel most welcome. The hotel staff all spoken English and were able to explain everything to us in English. We were staying AT&T he hotel due to attending a wedding nearby. The room rate was very reasonable for two nights.
The room itself was clean, and well equipped with a mini bar, kettle and tv. The tv had a large. House of channels and had the ability to play the audio in English for film and sport channel, despite them being German channels. This is an important feature as there is very little entertainment in the surrounding area.
On the first evening we ate dinner in the Steakhouse within the hotel. The food was beautifully prepared and was of excellent quality. I had steak with salad and garlic bread. My partner had schnitzel with fries, which she thoroughly enjoyed. We enjoyed some local beer and wines before indulging in an apple strudel. All of the food and drink was of excellent quality along with the service.
The breakfast is best described as continental buffet style. The food was laid out for guests to help themselves, which included: hot bacon and eggs, along with pastries, a selection of breads, spreads and jams. Also included was a large selection of cold meats, eggs and cheese. There was a continuous supply of hot coffee, tea and fruit juices.
As I was staying at the hotel for a wedding, I needed a shirt ironed. When I asked staff to borrow an ironing board and iron, I was informed that they would happily iron the shirt for me. The shirt was returned to my room a short time later perfectly ironed and ready to wear.
Overall the hotel offered everything we needed for our two night stay, and I would happily recommend it to anyone visiting the region.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mitterbach, Austria
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The place itself is average. We were there for CeBIT, so we got triple prices but the guy at the reception who also does everything else was still very-very unfriendly. It's like you are there for him, not the other way around. Until you "behave" everything is fine. But as soon as you don't like something or need something extra or other then he thinks it's normal, he flips out and gets unfriendly. My boss had a fight with him at breakfast, because the ham & eggs were nearly out, only a third portion was left, that also dry and cold, so he asked for more. He refused to bring more until they ate all the dry and cold rest of it... And we had a few more stories like this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Marton S
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We got ripped off as our creditcard got charged for an extra €150 for apparent smoking in the room (we both are non-smokers). I reported this to the police and my bank
So conduct your business strictly in cash and you'll be fine

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank muntmeester H

Been to Hotel Berghof Apelern? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Berghof Apelern

Property: Hotel Berghof Apelern
Address: Auf der Mede 14, 31552 Apelern, Hesse, Germany
Location: Germany > Hesse > Apelern
Bar / Lounge Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apelern
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Berghof Apelern 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Hotel Berghof Apelern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Berghof Apelern Germany