All reviews cuckoo clock black forest big clock wonderful property souvenir shop coach tour fairy tale special menu local attractions hotel grounds both breakfast and dinner major road window boxes two singles hotel restaurant is hiking trails sleep quality
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We stayed here in May 2016. Yes, I'm 2 yrs late, but better late than never. I'm catching up on photos & need to finish this review. It was a very nice & enjoyable stay. The food was very good. We had room 201 that had a balcony & overlooked the front of the hotel. The only semi-negative comment I have is that because it was warm and they have no AC, we needed to keep the windows open. But the hotel is located off of, but facing the busy B31 thoroughfare, and the road noise was a little loud at times. At that time their internet was also very lousy. Otherwise we very much enjoyed our stay there. It was very handy to the Black Forest area.

Room Tip: 201 had a balcony, many rooms do not.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We spent 7 nights at the hotel and were happy with every aspect of it. The rooms were large and clean (though amenities were at the minimum). The food (breakfast buffet and dinner) were very good and well presented. Breakfast was a bit loud due to lots of kids. Location is good, enabling easy access to the entire south part of the region. Parking was free, Internet was good and stable.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I stayed there for a single night and undoubtedly it was the worst stay during our entire stay in Germany with Globus tour.
I stayed in the main building and the room was below average. The bedroom and bathroom was small. The view from the room was of a big size drainage pipe. There was no ac. Asked for fan, it was not available. The outside temperature was very hot making the stay very uncomfortable.
The worst part was the behaviour of the hotel staff particularly those who are managing the breakfast area and dining area. The food items are kept at one room and dining area is at the other room. As I was travelling with Globus so we had our tables marked with Globus reserved. I was having my breakfast at one of those tables. But suddenly a waitress came and removed that reservation card and asked me to seat somewhere else. It was awful. And it was totally alright for her.
When I told about this incident to the front desk, she nonchalantly said she was sorry to hear about it.
I wonder how did this hotel manage to get the "Certificate of Excellence" badge from tripadvisor. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Choose any other hotels nearby.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Good location to reach any of the attractions in the Black Forest. Good atmosphere. Busses bringing tourist a bit annoying. Room was very nice. Highlight is the breakfast which has a great selection of fruit meats and fish.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a nice lunch here, we wanted some authentic french cuisine and was able to get it here.

We love the beef, the cheese and the wine.

So it was great.

Service was good but was delayed, we didn’t mind though.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family