All reviews swimming pool wolf's lair special events nice staff dining room order off the menu twin beds stayed one night castle knights lakes sauna history attitude brick stairs grounds
Reviewed June 14, 2018

The room was nothing like advertised. I booked a double standard 18 sqm but the room I was given was 1.twin, 2.the smallest freaking room I've seen in my whole life (attached picture shows the entire room). I had to bend my back all the time and I've paid 1000 PLN for the weekend, room rate only! It should have never been made available to customers, ever, not even as a budget single. Many rooms, including mine (455) aren't accessible by lift, you need to pass multiple staircases up and down to reach it. There was an unbearable heat in the room (no air conditioning) and funky smell on the corridors. Toiletries weren't available in the room, only soap. One of the towels was dirty but the staff replaced it the next day. The wifi didn't work in the room at all. Ladies at the reception are rather rude. I complained about the room and they said nothing else was available in spite of 3pm check-in. Later on, a group of German tourists took 40 standard rooms. Funny. I've heard other guests complained as well and were yelled at by said ladies. The gentleman at the reception tried to compensate for my poor experience and offered me free extras for the value of 100zl.

Not everything was bad. I enjoyed the breakfast. Tasty bread, lots of food options, egg station, bad coffee though. The dinner a la carte was excellent, both food and service. Highly recommended. Buffet dinner, aka 'The Feast' was dissappointing. Food very average, not worth the money - 100 per person.
The pool is pretty but small and they don't offer a separate kiddie pool. It's not the hotel's fault but people bring in their toddlers and newborns who basically use this tiny pool as a toilet. Small sauna.
This place feels more like a fake theme park than an actual historical place. I have had much better and more relaxing experience in Krasicki castle nearby.

All in all , the value for the money is very poor.
What I actually liked, except for the Refektarz restaurant, was the location between two lakes - beautiful and calm early morning before crowds of teenagers and families come out to roam. There were some pleasant hiking trails in the vicinity. Their local produce shop nearby in Mlyn is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: Avoid prison wing, 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaR2652
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This was a unique experience, staying in a castle. The room was spacious with room for extra bed for the kids. The bath was also spacious. The restaurant did serve some great food which we savored for dinner-steak, beef ribs and soup.
The breakfast buffet was detailed fanfare with a lot of unique dishes which we usually don’t come across in the usual hotel buffet. So the change was welcome.
The premises are worth exploring and you will find some knights round the corner :)
Overall we had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Ameetha
Reviewed January 8, 2018

The rooms are not new and there were some issues on the bathroom, for example (shower door). I went for the New years Eve party. Got a little disappointed that they charged any beverages other than water during the dinner (with exception of the New Years Party that it was included). But considering 1595zl per person, I would expect at least a juice to be included. But this is not a big deal.
The swimming pool is amazing, the problem is that it is too tiny (specially considering that besides of the fact that the castle was full, they use external premises to accommodate more guests. Saying that, the swimming pool should work 24-7 in this special events. So everyone would have a chance to use the swimming pool at some point.

I liked the stay, but I would not return. Our plan was to stay a few more days at the castle after the New Years Package is over, the problem is that we felt a little neglected when we came all the way from Brazil to Ryn to stay at the castle and during all activities our table were defined to be in the back. Away from the presentations - we werent able to see anything. Our understanding was that coming from so far, we should at least have the ability to enjoy everything. That is the reason why I rated the Service as 'Average'.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Viviane L
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Our room in the castle/ hotel is clean, bed is very comfy. The restaurant serves amazing food. 70 pln for the buffet. Great choice of food, but you can order off the menu for less.
Rooms are period correct and hotel has a lot of interesting artifacts.
For an adventure this would be the hotel to chosse.

Room Tip: If you like history this is really the place to stay
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

The Castle Ryn was a lovely property situated in close proximity to the Wolf's Lair. Seweryn was the best and he helped me coordinate pick up from the nearest airport (which was over an hour away). We arrived late and were happy they served food until 10pm. Dinner was lovely, and breakfast the following day was both delicious and impressive in the huge mid-evil space.

The room was comfortable, they provided a fan because it was unseasonably warm during our stay, and the bathroom was modern. We enjoyed wandering the grounds before departing for our tour of Hitler's wartime bunker.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family