“Will come back again and again......”
Review of Mosselino

Mosselino
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Schoten
Cuisines: Belgian, Italian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Familly run Restaurant. Specialties: Mussels, Pasta's and Grill !
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had just moved to Schoten and the rest of the party wanted mussels - not something I can cook due to an allergy. Mosselino did not disappoint - we are so glad to have moved so close to the restaurant and could even bicycle there at a push! The restaurant was packed on a Sunday evening so thank God we had booked. There is a fabulous choice of dishes - not just mussels, so I was really pleased. The staff members were all delightful, helpful, friendly yet not intrusive. The food was delicious, correctly served - faultless. The wine list was comprehensive. We sat right at the back of the restaurant, which I would recommend. The front area is a little less cosy. There was a sign to a terrace - we will see in the Spring.....No wonder this is Number One in Schoten - so far it deserves it!

4  Thank Sissy55

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Fresh? You want fresh? Every cover receives it at the 'Italy/Switzerland meets Belgium' bistro in Schoten. The quality of the wine card and unassuming guidance from the staff are praiseworthy additions to the creative menu.
Brace yourself for the sight of less than opulent furnishings ('spartan' comes to mind) with seating suited for service in the reception of the taxman.

7  Thank MaxHopper
Reviewed May 9, 2012

A small restaurant but a very good one. Delicious food and the staff is just too friendly. Will go there again soon! I had one of the suggestions (spaghetti alla putanesca) and it was awesome. Also the Prosecco is very good!

5  Thank J0rdi17
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on 3 occasions in the last 2 months.I want to try out various dishes but the mussels are so good,that I went for them each time.Next time I am going to try something else.They don't have a huge menu choice(which I like) They have a select menu as everything is cooked fresh.Fantastic food,very friendly efficient staff and reasonable prices.I will be back very soon.

10  Thank jockhaggis
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I'm very picky about mussels but these were the very best I have eaten in a long, long time: big, juicy, and a most gorgeous buttery taste, with exactly the right amount of garlic and white wine. I normally cannot handle a kilo (about 2 pounds) on my own but for the first time in my life this wasn't a problem!
My husband who is a good hobby cook himself and even pickier when it comes to mussels, agreed that these were in a top category.
The restaurant is small but very cosy. The pictures don't do it justice.
This seems to be a family business and the owner (half American), his Belgian wife and their sons were very friendly and welcoming, yet discreet. The owner also kept a constant eye on all the tables to make sure nothing was lacking.
Highly recommended! We already made a new reservation for the end of this month.

11  Thank Romasupebr