26th June -3rd July 2014. Rooms fine. Pay for the safe, a must. Reception staff helpful. Pool ok, cold for a few days after emptying for cleaning.(Once a week). No lifeguard regardless of what the chap's T shirt says. Pool rules totally ignored, didn't see anyone drowned this week. Keep an eye on your kids.
The food !!!! Un-adventurous salads, very limited warm dishes. The food is prepared, and cooked in a factory and transported in a few hours before service, this is normal practice in these sort of places, and kept warm, sort of ??? It would appear that when a dish runs out that is it, there is no more. Food safety does not apply to the Spanish, raw eggs, undercooked fish and lukewarm food is the norm. New low depths of culinary cuisine have been plumbed, they have found things to do with SPROUTS you wouldn't think possible, hot, cold and undetermined what it was? and just in case you thought that was it, liquid potato.(They call it mash?)
If you do want to eat and want a choice make sure you get in early as certain nations are prone to (will) load their bags with food. (esp breakfast and lunch). Against the rules, what rules !!!!!
If you are a single traveller once at your table don't leave to get anything,if you do it will be cleared, relaid and someone else will be sitting there before you get back. The waiters are fast.
Numerous complaints from other guests were made regarding the food standard and lack of choice, but these fell on deaf ears as have previous comments.No change there.
The bar now has bar service only, you have to queue for all drinks, this is to cut down on wastage and abuse, two drinks per person at any one time, including soft drinks, take a friend. Be prepared for a long wait to get a drink, worse at weekends when the locals descend enmass.
If you set your expectations low then you won't be disappointed if they don't reach that high.
More poor reviews I know, in this case you really do get what you pay for.
If the management took any notice of the reviews a few small changes would make all the difference, unfortunately they are accountants, so that will never happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alborada Beach Club offers spacious apartment accommodation and is located 50 meters from the fishing village of Las Galletas in Costa del Silencio and within a few miles of the vibrant Playa de las Americas resort (the local bus stop and taxi rank are just 50m from the hotel). Adjacent to the hotel is a small beach (with direct access from the hotel). The apartment units are set amongst beautiful sub-tropical gardens, which offer easy access to the complex's facilities. The nearest town, Las Galletas, is just 50 meters from the aparthotel, and has a good variety of shops, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets. The apartments are just 20 minutes from the airport, which means you can be off the plane and on the beach in no time. This complex comprises of 285 fully equipped apartments, offering great views of either the gardens, pool, or the Atlantic Ocean. Staying at the Alborada Beach Club guarantees a fun time for all with plenty of activities on-site as well as the beach just a short walk away. The focal point for fun and activities is centred on the beautiful saltwater swimming pool (with a surface of over 3,800m2) and separate children's splash pool, both set amidst spacious sun terraces with plentiful loungers and parasols. A poolside bar is on hand, serving you with drinks and refreshments from 10am until 11pm. If you're after a more active holiday, then why not join in with the daily program of activities, including water polo, aerobics classes and rifle shooting, kayak, etc, whilst those wanting a taste of adventure can take part in the diving lessons. Children will also love their holiday at the Alborada Beach Club where a playground and an on-site Mini Club provide them with daily activities and games to enjoy. Evening entertainment includes a mini disco for the youngsters, followed by live music, cabaret or other professional shows suitable for all the family. Whilst providing fantastic self-catering accommodation, the hotel also boasts a beautiful buffet-style dining room with panoramic sea views, where guests can delight in a range of international and local dishes , all prepared freshly for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with one themed evening meal per week). There is also free Wi-Fi connectivity free of charge in the bar area for guests to stay up-to-date with the latest news. (Wifi is also available in the apartments at an additional charge). All of the spacious apartments have a lounge area with a sofa bed which sleeps up to 1 adult+ 1child, satellite TV, a full bathroom and a kitchen with a two ring hob, microwave, fridge and basic kitchen utensils and crockery. All inclusive includes Buffet style breakfast from 7am until 10am, buffet style lunch from 1:15pm until 3pm, cold snacks from 4:30pm until 5:30pm and evening meal (including two themed dinners per week) from 7pm until 9:30pm. Unlimited soft and alcoholic drinks from 10am until 11pm from the pool bar (and also during meal times in the restaurant). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alborada Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 10 Bel Alborada
- Ten Bel Alborada Hotel Las Galletas
- Ten Bel Alborada Las Galletas
- Alborada Beach Club Tenerife/Las Galletas