This aparthotel is a good, clean 3 star hotel, even if the outside impression isn't all chrome and glass. It was built in the late 1960's, needs updating but is built solidly by the original businesses from Belgium and Tenerife who bought the greatest location for four aparthotels, 3 of which have now been sold for residences. See http://www.islas.co.uk/costa_del_silencio.htm. The public beach next to the hotel huge, sea pool area is small but there is a larger beach next to the harbour a short walk away. The best part of this hotel is its sea pool which is cleaned weekly and can be cold especially in March with weather temps up to 20C. Autumn is a good time to go when the air and water are warmer. As mentioned in other reviews, there is no shortage of sun beds, which are new.
As an apart hotel all rooms are self catering, even though you may be all inclusive, so you can buy local food and cook in, eat out locally or use the restaurant. Remember Tenerife has to import everything and they rely on tourism! There is a decent small supermarket opposite the hotel (Jose II) as well as many other small food shops in the village, which is pedestrianized in the centre. Many of the shops now stock English food too. You can buy your newspapers/magazines, fresh fruit/veg and meat locally if you choose. We mix and match as we just booked the room and flight separate.
The hotel is next to the village of Las Galletas and very convenient. There is a large Chemist opposite the hotel too.
The Alborada has a large number of rooms, all of which are a good size, angled to face either the pool or the sea and are laid out in a 'finger' formation from the main reception block. Access is via the internal hallways with doors at each end. There are small studio apartments, small apartments and a few very large apartments.
Staff are very friendly, but as in many countries are often on short term contracts. We gave them small 'donations' towards keeping our room clean, which was appreciated but don't feel obligated.
There is entertainment each night for the children up to 9pm followed by other family entertainment. A Belgian singer and keyboard entertainer for dancing, Marc Morgan, who is popular in the area came one night and many of his Belgian followers came too. The clientele at the hotel is a good mix of Europeans and you can have fun trying to converse with them. We have met Belgian, French, Italian, German, Norwegian, Finnish, Spanish and English people.
There are planes landing at the airport but not low enough to bother you. It can be very windy too so don't plan to have every hair in place during your holiday!
There is a diving school on-site for scuba diving or snorkelling. We've been snorkelling off the small beach and there are plenty of interesting fish in the rocks.
This is a quiet holiday for couples of any age and young families. You can buy a Bono bus ticket to take you to other towns. You only need one ticket (15 euros) and punch it in for each person and the credit is marked on the back of the ticket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alborada Beach Club offers spacious apartment accommodation and is located 50 meters from the fishing village of Las Galletas in Costa del Silencio and within a few miles of the vibrant Playa de las Americas resort (the local bus stop and taxi rank are just 50m from the hotel). Adjacent to the hotel is a small beach (with direct access from the hotel). The apartment units are set amongst beautiful sub-tropical gardens, which offer easy access to the complex's facilities. The nearest town, Las Galletas, is just 50 meters from the aparthotel, and has a good variety of shops, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets. The apartments are just 20 minutes from the airport, which means you can be off the plane and on the beach in no time. This complex comprises of 285 fully equipped apartments, offering great views of either the gardens, pool, or the Atlantic Ocean. Staying at the Alborada Beach Club guarantees a fun time for all with plenty of activities on-site as well as the beach just a short walk away. The focal point for fun and activities is centred on the beautiful saltwater swimming pool (with a surface of over 3,800m2) and separate children's splash pool, both set amidst spacious sun terraces with plentiful loungers and parasols. A poolside bar is on hand, serving you with drinks and refreshments from 10am until 11pm. If you're after a more active holiday, then why not join in with the daily program of activities, including water polo, aerobics classes and rifle shooting, kayak, etc, whilst those wanting a taste of adventure can take part in the diving lessons. Children will also love their holiday at the Alborada Beach Club where a playground and an on-site Mini Club provide them with daily activities and games to enjoy. Evening entertainment includes a mini disco for the youngsters, followed by live music, cabaret or other professional shows suitable for all the family. Whilst providing fantastic self-catering accommodation, the hotel also boasts a beautiful buffet-style dining room with panoramic sea views, where guests can delight in a range of international and local dishes , all prepared freshly for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with one themed evening meal per week). There is also free Wi-Fi connectivity free of charge in the bar area for guests to stay up-to-date with the latest news. (Wifi is also available in the apartments at an additional charge). All of the spacious apartments have a lounge area with a sofa bed which sleeps up to 1 adult+ 1child, satellite TV, a full bathroom and a kitchen with a two ring hob, microwave, fridge and basic kitchen utensils and crockery. All inclusive includes Buffet style breakfast from 7am until 10am, buffet style lunch from 1:15pm until 3pm, cold snacks from 4:30pm until 5:30pm and evening meal (including two themed dinners per week) from 7pm until 9:30pm. Unlimited soft and alcoholic drinks from 10am until 11pm from the pool bar (and also during meal times in the restaurant). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alborada Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ten Bel Alborada Hotel Las Galletas
- 10 Bel Alborada
- Ten Bel Alborada Las Galletas
- Alborada Beach Club Tenerife/Las Galletas