Stayed 2 weeks over xmas & new year. A good value hotel which I'd return to.
Friendly helpful staff
Good size appartment
Excellent value for money
Terrific pool & plenty of sunbeds/parasols
Comfortable beds & pillows
Bar service quick & huge measures
Food is as I'd expect from a 3* A/I
lots of choice at breakfast, cereals, cold meats, bread selection, yogs, full english ( bacon quite "chewy" & sausages taste of nothing but always 2/3 types of eggs, beans, cooked potato)
Lunch: nice salad bar, soup, meat & fish dishes & often pasta, veg or rice & chips
Afternoon snack: cold meats, salad,breads, cakes
Dinner: Salads, cheese, soup, meat/fish/pasta dishes, veg or rice & chips
Perfectly acceptable food but could be improved with more variety in soups (many days was cream of veg which got repetitive) also a 3rd meat/fish choice would be welcomed. Having said that, you can easily find something different to eat each day if you are not too limited in your food likes.
Special meal was put on xmas eve & new year eve.
Entertainment prog all day; archery, darts, boules, board games, water aerobics etc
Evening prog: some shows ok but avoid the bingo.....it goes on forever...(I'm not a bingo fan anywhere) Reptile show was just an expensive photo selling opportunity & we learnt nothing about the creatures on display, the guys putting "show" on were quite pushy & I thought unpleasant & most insistent you could not take own photos.
Other acts were ok, just nice to have something going on every eve & if you don't want to watch you can sit at other end of bar or outside in the warm evenings.
Local area is a Spanish village which to me is so much nicer that the concrete jungle which Playa has become, shops/restaurants nearby. Frequent bus outside to Playa, Los Christianos etc.
Recommend "la Changa" mexican restaurant at harbour, lovely food (share meal between 2 bacause portions are HUGE) "Euro" cafe on seafront promenade terrific with low prices (best Barriquito we found & tapas great) "Vitaminas" in village, does a very nice breakfast (my son kept going back again & again)
Excursions: Teide all day, you see a lot of the island & great value
Catamaran on xmas day......what can I say but WOW, whales, dolphins, turtles & very entertaining guide. Open bar & lunch. Excellent value
Loro parque: not to be missed, amazing shows
La Gomera: Really like stepping back in time to what Canaries were before tourism. Beautiful island with many surprises. (shop around for prices, we paid 45E inc ferry/tour/lunch)
would I go back to Alborada? Yes It's great value for money we paid
ps: for those people who can't find cutlery etc, it's in drawers of dining table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Annapurna Hotel Tenerife offers spacious apartment accommodation and is located 50 meters from the fishing village of Las Galletas in Costa del Silencio and within a few miles of the vibrant Playa de las Americas resort (the local bus stop and taxi rank are just 50m from the hotel). Adjacent to the hotel is a small beach (with direct access from the hotel). The apartment units are set amongst beautiful sub-tropical gardens, which offer easy access to the complex's facilities. The nearest town, Las Galletas, is just 50 meters from the aparthotel, and has a good variety of shops, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets. The apartments are just 20 minutes from the airport, which means you can be off the plane and on the beach in no time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Annapurna Hotel Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 10 Bel Alborada
- Ten Bel Alborada Hotel Las Galletas
- Ten Bel Alborada Las Galletas
- Annapurna Hotel Tenerife Las Galletas