“RYA DAY SKIPPER TIDAL TRAINING”
Review of Club Yachting

Club Yachting
Ranked #14 of 21 Tours in Las Galletas
More attraction details
Owner description: Club Yachting is an RYA approved sail and powerboat centre that also offers yacht charters.Our yachts include: 12m / 18m sail yachts.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Overall a very effective scheme to achieve the qualification. Prior to arrival I had some doubts regarding their authenticitiy as comms were absent following the first stage payment, whilst the reports of cyber attack on website allayed fears, I was grateful to have some contact.

I took the precaution on the second payment to pay an unusual amount with odd pence so my payment could be identified. This seemed to work but all the effort was from my end !

When I finally arrived all my concerns we removed by meeting a regular bunch of people who were trying to do a good job delivering sailing.
Sue Stewart was our instructor, who managed to keep a smile on her face despite much provocation from her novice crew, all I can say is IVOR !

Make no mistake, achieving the Day Skipper qualification needs to be earnt by hard work on the course.
I was very inexperienced when I attended the course and it is a tribute to Sue that she was sufficiently skilled to raise me to the required standard in 6 days.

The organisation when we got to the boat was first class,the tuition equally so, the only area for improvement for me would be for the admin area to realise that they need to keep in communication with their clients during the booking and payment process, so easy to do and just what I needed.

Please concentrated on this to release you full potential , as everything else including the awards ceremony was brilliant. Best wishes to Sue, Mike, Andy and Janet.

3  Thank T0wie
"motor"
"adventure"
"anchoring"

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent a few weeks with Club Yachting and was thoroughly impressed in what they had to offer. The instructors were excellent and the boats were in excellent condition. Whenever repairs needed to be done to boats, they were done swiftly. Andy and Janet run an excellent sailing school and I would recommend the school to you.

2  Thank UKSailor1
goclubyachting, Owner at Club Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks very much for your review - we are really pleased you enjoyed your time with us ,Andy and Janet

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I spent 3 weeks with Club Yachting in Tenerifa and I enjoyed every minute. Everything was perfectly organised. The first week in the classroom (sailing theory) was tough but a perfect basis for the following practical training. The yachts (AGI and San Fernando) are well-appointed and specious. We all had our own cabin with clean linen, duvet and towels ... very luxurious.
The instructors (Ashley, Mike and Sue) were very friendly and helpful. I've learned a lot and it was also great fun - as long as I understood British humour (or was it Scottish ;-)).
Apart from sailing I've met a lot of likeable people who made my holiday memorable.

1  Thank Sabine S
goclubyachting, Owner at Club Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Hi Sabine
It was great to meet you and make another sailing friend. We look forward to seeing you again - maybe for some winter sunshine?
Many thanks for the review

Reviewed April 20, 2013

recently I spent a week on a sailing course with Club Yachting, Marina del Sur. I was a little nervous as this was my first time on an official instructed course, so as thus was my introduction to sailing.

I was hoping that apart from learning the fundamentals of sailing, that I would also have a fun holiday to boot. Well all I can say is what a FANTASTIC company Club Yachting are, from booking through to departure I found the company and all staff, totally professional and all very friendly and helpful. Immediately I felt at ease and enjoyed the welcome drinks and information on the following weeks activities, it was also nice to formally meet my sailing buddies, as there were 4 of us on my boat plus the instructor, who incidentally was fantastic, I really learned so much and enjoyed the way I was taught.

With this my first experiencing of sailing I am soon to book again to further my knowledge, thank you Club Yachting, you made my week very special!

2  Thank AlexC C
goclubyachting, Owner at Club Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Alex
We are really pleased that you had such a good time, and look forward to seeing you for some more sailing in the future.
Many thanks for your kind comments

See more reviews
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Made my way to the marina using the clubs clearly marked instructions and met a very friendly and helpful coach Ashley who showed me where to stow my gear and generally took away any anxiety I may have had about what to do next. The yacht Agi was well maintained(as an engineer I look at things) so reassuring to me. No shoddy practices here
My coach Sue equally friendly and dedicated. Felt I could ask anything. And could tell she by way she was that she was very experienced. This is quite intense training. This school is serious about teaching u as much as possible about sailing. No bad things to say about my experience. The shore office is as friendly and helpful as you could wish for. All in all a very professional outfit. Many thanks to heather at One Stop Sailing for steering me onto this competent crew course

2  Thank martinxHarrow

Hi Martin
We are really pleased you enjoyed sailing with us - and have passed your kind words onto Sue and Ashley.
We look forward to seeing you again for some more sailing.