See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2017

My wife and I spent several days here, that was a mistake! Their web page made me think this was a nice hotel with a good sized pool (that my wife always wants). However, the pool is only a hot thermal and not suited for swimming. Most guests walked around in white bath-robes - it really reminded us of some sort of rehabilitation hospital. We had booked a room with mountain view, what we got was a roomlooking straight into a hillside with dirt. I requested a change and that was carried out after some arguments about the dirt-hill and its lack of looking like a mountain. The staff was friendly, but this does not really help much when the hotel turned out to be something else - obviously there were people that knew what they booked and liked walking around in white. The hotel restaurant also failed to provide service, but we found an excellent alternative just a short distance down the street. When we checked out, all appeared normal, I delivered our two key-cards and after the normal 5-7 minutes I charged my credit card with the balance. We moved on and stayed 3 more weeks in Italy, all at excellent hotels. Then, 2 months after returning home, I receive a letter from the hotel claiming that I did not pay for my wife??? (We shared a single room of course), the letter was saying that unless I paid the balance (about 600 Euro) they would start a legal action?? I guess THEY made an error, but is this a proper way to handle it? I shall pay them what they ask, I have never experienced such behavior from any of the many hundred hotels we have spent vacation with..

Room Tip: Only views from one side (valley)
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Petter B
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Caramanico is a unique place where in the same day you can loose all your tensions and strengths along the trails of its fantastic wilderness and charge yourself of new positive energy from the cures of thermal center of this hotel and the exquisite recipes of its restaurant.
Take at least a two night stay, bring with you a good pair of trailing shoes and reserve some treatment at the hotel Spa, go trailing in the morning relax in the afternoon and enjoy your dinner in the evening ..no better life to live!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Gio T
LaReserveHotelTerme, Direttore at La Reserve Hotel Terme Centro Benessere, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

No better life to live and...no better review to read. Thank you so much dear guest! We hope to see you soon here in Caramanico Terme and the Majella National Park, the land of wellness, for some relaxing days.

Reviewed December 8, 2015

I love this destination spa! Everything was cared for impeccably from beginning to end. The room was simple but perfect and the bed is incredibly comfortable. The massage therapists, treatment specialists and treatment coordinators are caring and top notch. The only odd part -the preliminary Dr exam was not particularly useful and in fact if I had not been before I may not have received a good treatment program. The treatment coordinators were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and have a better grasp of a good therapeutic program. No better way to start the day than with Fango with Adriano. All the massages I had were spectacular. The dining room and meals offered were great, but I did tire of the formality by the end of the week but the food was varied, carefully prepared and delicious.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Unfortunately I was only here for one day and one night. It was a very relaxing experience anyway. The breakfast is absolutely amazing and especially enjoyable if the weather is nice and you can eat on the terrace. Fantastic cappuccino and really good food in every detail. Lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant were also HEALTHY, creative and delicious in my opinion. The indoor pool is small and the weather was nice so we never used it but the outdoor pool is absolutely wonderful. It is warm and contains the sulphurous water that is so healing. The steam room smells minty and a little musty... (maybe a good bleaching is needed but I haven't been in any steam room in Italy that was perfectly fresh smelling) in any case it was still enjoyable. The dry sauna as well. We did not have time to experience any of the treatments such as inhalations etc. because these are require a longer stay of several days (at least 4), but we have friends who have done so and came back looking like a different person because it was so good for them. The massage services cost extra and are quite satisfactory. The personnel doing massages seem to be very well trained and are very professional and clean. The massages aren't very personalised but still they do a whole lot of good for the body! The hotel room was clean and comfortable but we didn't spend much time in there. I would highly recommend this place to anyone interested in a truly relaxing mind and body experience. Do not bring your children here if you can avoid it. They are not really able to use any of the facilities and they would be very bored.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
LaReserveHotelTerme, Direttore at La Reserve Hotel Terme Centro Benessere, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear guest,
how many beautiful words!! We really appreciated, despite the short stay you described perfectly La Réserve. Thank you very much, we hope to see you in Caramanico Terme as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 7, 2015

We spent four relaxing days at this spa in June. Do not be put off by utilitarian appearance of the building, set in the glorious Abruzzo countryside.
Inside the staff are welcoming and helpful.
The restaurant is excellent, the menu changing every day, with all my dietary needs being taken into account.
Our room was comfortable in every sense with a view over the mountains. The pool area is small but that was not a concern for us as we were there mid week and out of season.
We will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
LaReserveHotelTerme, Direttore at La Reserve Hotel Terme Centro Benessere, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2015

Dear Guest, thank you. Your review makes us really happy. We hope to see you soon in Caramanico Terme for another trip of relax and thermal wellbeing.