“An enjoyable meal”

Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've been to Chimes a few times now and, despite its tucked-away location, it's always busy and lively in a friendly & welcoming way. The food is tasty and presented well and we all had a most enjoyable meal.

There are newer reviews for Chimes

Reviewed January 30, 2014

good menu for business lunch at very good prices and every course tasted lovely and just the right size of portion very nice staff and slightly older decor but clean

1  Thank lisamcgee1972
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Chimes, has a very varied menu which is well-priced and excellent value for money. The food is second to none. I have been eating there for years it's something of a family favourite and friends love it too. The food is excellent and portions are generous. I can't recommend their chicken satay highly enough. They have a well-priced lunch time deal menu and a main menu. Staff give a warm welcome and are very helpful. I always enjoy going there I'm never disappointed.

1  Thank Nikki B
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have eaten in Chimes many many times - I some times feel like a change and try other Chinese restaurants in the area but always end up back here because none of the others come anywhere close for both food and service. I guarantee that if you eat here once, Graham, the owner, will remember your name every time you come back, and will welcome you like an old friend. The food is always excellent- after numerous visits over a lot of years I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience. We have also used Chimes to celebrate family occasions and small parties over the years and again I would highly recommend this. By the way, the carry out is also of the same high standard.

1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Although a little pricy, the food was excellent and obviously freshly cooked. The service was friendly and efficient even though the restaurant was busy. The food was served piping hot, not always the case in restaurants these days and I would recommend that this is well worth a visit if you are in the area.