We booked for an overnight break intending to relax in the pool and sauna before eating. On arrival, after we booked in we were told the pool was closed due on Water Board instructions but the gym was open. Disappointed we decided to go to the gym anyway but then found the ladies changing rooms were flooded and my wife had to change in the gents disabled toilet. There were also no showers available.
The Boat House restaurant was also a huge disappointment. A bland single course meal with a single bottle of wine cost almost £ 80.00. This was after the dessert which we didn't have but were charged for had been grudgingly removed from our bill. The small print on the menu adds 10% "service charge" onto the bill. When signing for the food you are then invited to add a further "gratuity" - a bit much really.
Worst of all when I contacted the hotel to complain the response from a deputy manager was defensive and inadequate, the only compensation offered was that we would receive better service on our next visit! Considering the Cameron House was named hotel of the year 2010 I thought that was wholly inadequate.
All round a very disappointing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following the extensive fire within the main building of the hotel on Monday, December 18th, Cameron House Hotel, the Leisure Club and the food & beverage areas within the main hotel are now temporary closed. A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom