6,188 results
All reviews the grill boat house cameron house valet parking great scots bar carrick spa beautiful hotel loch lomond martin wishart steak boathouse restaurant claret jug celtic warrior leisure facilities first class afternoon tea infinity pool
Reviewed October 20, 2017

Over our two day stay, the hotel was very busty, and seemed unable to cope, creating long waiting times for check-in and meals, which seemed like poor organisation This is an expensive resort, and needs to up its game to maintain its reputation. Of course, the location is superb.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear carefree061,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am sorry to read that we failed to provide a seamless stay on this occasion. We do recognise that during this particular week we fell short of our usual standards, and I do hope to welcome you back in the future to experience a more enjoyable time at Cameron House.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Having stayed at this venue multiple times in the past the expectation was for far better service and the low rating is all mainly connected to a horrendous check in. Arrived 1pm on Monday 16th October and was advised room was not ready. This was acceptable as check in advised could be 3pm.

However, there was no offer to hold bags, no offer to use facilities and was advised they would call us "shortly". For the next four hours I returned to the queue several times and on the 5th attempt, at nearly 5pm, we got our room.

During the waiting time we had to arrange to get bag tags ourselves so we could store luggage in the hold room, no offer of assistance. The queue for reception was roughly 12-15 bodies for the period and there were guests sitting all over the hotel with bags, in corridors, seating areas, bar area and it was clear there were many guests in the same position and the hotel could not cope. It reminded me of a departure lounge for a low budget airline with large flight delays.

At 1 pm when we were advised that we had been "added to a queue" there was no indication it would take the rest of the day. Had we been advised of this we could have headed off elsewhere as only so much entertainment that can be provided for a 4 & 7 year old.

Having had so many good experiences at this hotel in the past it left a poor taste and hopefully this will be reviewed in future with consideration to staffing numbers. I am pretty sure it wasn't a case of all these visitors arrived on the day so nobody knew they were coming. Simple planning.

Venue is in a great location, has great facilities, friendly staff but taking into account the cost to stay you don't expect to sit around for so long with no indication of timescales.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank AllRuss75

Dear AllRuss75,

Thank you for your post and loyalty to Cameron House Hotel. During your stay we experienced far higher levels of occupancy than expected, I am so sorry this severely impacted on your experience. We have made sure changes are made to avoid a reoccurrence of the same in the future, I do hope we will continue to welcome you back for a stay more in keeping with our usual offerings.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Located on the banks of the beautiful Loch Lomond, Cameron House is a fantastic hotel in ideal surroundings. We arrived at 3pm and unfortunately our room wasn’t quite ready so we decided to wait in the bar. Sat outside with a fire whilst we had a drink and ate some lunch was great and very comfortable blankets were provided to keep us warm on a mild autumn afternoon. After an hour, reception called us to let us know our room was ready. We were greeted in our Whiskey room (Auchentoshan to be precise, which coincidentally is my favourite) to a beautiful room and very comfortable bed and selection of Tea and Coffee. It looks immaculate. Attached to the room was a large ensuite room with a good selection of toiletries. It was clear, that this room was excellent.

Next, we decided to go down to the leisure centre and was pleasantly surprised to find a well equipped gym and two good sized swimming pools, one with a slide too (for the inner child in me). After this we went for dinner at the boathouse and enjoyed a couple of cocktails at the Great Scot Bar.

In the morning, a full breakfast including both cooked and continental buffets and an A La carte - something for everyone. A nice smooth check out and then concierge collected our car before leaving onto Glasgow Airport. A great end to a lovely weekend

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear tim656,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time at Cameron House Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back for many more great experiences in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Hotel was fantastic. Beautiful location and the hotel was gorgeous. If you have time, use the spa facilities. It was an amazing experience. The staff are very friendly and it was a very special romantic trip away.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear catherinee796,

I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time at Cameron House Hotel. Thank you for your post, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time staying here, looking at the website it looks amazing. We arrived at 7pm, there was no porter at the door to greet us and help us with our luggage. The lady at checkin just looked at us and didn’t say anything. My husband said our name, she then asked if we were checking in. Which was weird considering she had seen us struggling with our luggage. We definitely got the impression the rush time was over and we were disturbing their break. We were not offered any help to our room with our luggage. A porter did offer to park our car which is something I guess.
The room is lovely except we have a dirty bath and a spider in the bathroom. We didn’t notice the dirty bath till we were going to bed so didn’t complain about it till the next morning. Someone was sent to clean it while we were at breakfast. The walls are paper thin and you can hear people talking and the people above us walking around in their room. So I didn’t sleep very well.
Our first night we went to have a drink in the bar before dinner. Reception had informed us they had fire pits so we could sit outside. But unfortunately they had no fuel for the fire pits so they weren’t on. We decided to eat dinner in the boathouse, this was a big mistake. I ordered soup as a starter then fish tacos which I couldn’t eat, they did offer to get me something else but I didn’t see the point because even my husbands pizza didn’t look that great. They didn’t charge us for my fish tacos. You have to walk to the boathouse and a couple of the street lights weren’t working making it a very dark walk.
We were woken this morning by room service which we hadn’t ordered. So we decided to go get breakfast. Breakfast and friendly staff is about the only positive thing I can say about the hotel. We ordered from the a la carte menu and my savory French toast was really nice. I would avoid the buffet breakfast it was dried out and did not look appetizing. Hardly any hotels can do a good buffet breakfast. In the afternoon my husband and I decided to have a nap but we had cleaners talking loudly in the corridor and cleaning the hall. I am beginning to think the hotel is pranking us. So we gave up on having a nap and went to the gym. The gym is well equipped.
We had fun trying to find the hairdryer we phoned housekeeping asking them to send one but then we then found it. But it had no nozzle and had dodgy wiring so kept going off. By the time housekeeping arrived I had already managed to dry my hair it took them an hour to bring us a hairdryer. Which would have been no good if I was reliant on that one.
Second night we ate in Martin Wishart restaurant it was fantastic. It was like going into a different world from the hotel. I would highly recommend this restaurant.
Second morning we were woken by a child having a tantrum in the hallway outside our room. Then other children running up and down the corridor. So much for having a relaxing time.
I am sure families coming here have a great time as there is a great pool and other things for children.
I will not be recommending this hotel, unless someone wants a Fawlty Towers experience. I would not call this a 5 star hotel, it looks fantastic but the service fails. I doubt we will come back here or if we do we might try one of the lodges. I am very disappointed.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
7  Thank skinnyiwish

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
Needless to say I am hugely disappointed and sorry to read we fell so short of both your, and indeed our own, expectations on this occasion. I have noted all of your points and your feedback will be relayed to all departments involved.
I would hope to welcome you back to the hotel as we do usually provide a far higher level of service, I am so sorry this was not the case during your stay.