Ardoch Cottage(Gartocharn)
$96
Hotels.com
6,187 results
All reviewsthe grillboat housecameron housevalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesfirst classafternoon teainfinity pool
Reviewed October 17, 2017

You will really like the hotel as long as you do not come up against any problems. Otherwise, prepare to feel disappointed with the poor customer service Dept.

I have stayed 4 times and have had issues on my last x2 visits. My last issue is still not resolved. I spoke to the hotel at time of visit and they were not helpful. I have since sent x2 e-mails which they have chosen to ignore.

I have been fortunate to stay in a number of top Scottish hotels including Mar Hall, Gleneagles, One Devonshire, Old course. Cameron house rates well below each hotel with regards to their customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear stvnmcguigan,

Thank you for your post. I am extremely sorry to read that we have fallen so short of our usual standards. Our Guest Relations Manager- Louise Brodie (lbrodie@cameronhouse.co.uk) would appreciate the opportunity to investigate why communication has been such an issue. Would you be so kind as to email her with more details and we will do our best to rectify these shortfalls.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

the facilities are amazing but the services is not the one expected in a 5 stars hotel, bad breakfast, roomservice not up to standards and dreadfull in room breakfast. I felt in 5 stars hotel with the sevice of a 3 stars one. not the value expected

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear ParisAstrid,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am extremely sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a stay more in keeping with our usual standards.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Not five star service or Hotel (worn and shabby), no welcome to the hotel, room showed signs of wear and tear to an unreasonable level, room not replenished with drinks etc, the bathroom smelt on arrival, Spa far from 5 star not Sauna and others rooms not working, ripped robes and left waiting for a return to hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear 126zefk,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am so sorry for the shortfalls in service that you faced during your recent stay, we are usually capable of providing a far more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We stayed for two nights on a supposed Half Board basis . Upon Arrival after a late check in we were sent to the bar as our room wasn't ready with a voucher for a glass of Prosecco . Asking if I could change mine for a beer I was told no .

Receptionist arrived at 4.39 , asking about our meal arrangements we were informed we had a £ 35.00 p.p. credit out of a total paid for the room of £ 422 .00 per night ,

We booked into the Grill the main restaurant for the Hotel . The menu was two or three courses at a cost of £ 49.00 or £ 55.00 . So don't go half board as the cost does not cover the menu price . The food was poor and resembled a 1960's Berni with a basic Prawn cocktail , six chips with a tomato and a mushroom with the steak .

Upon complaining the hotel stated you could eat in the Boat house or the Claret jug . The Boat house being a ten minute walk away and the Claret jug the restaurant at the golf clubhouse .

The food was Pizzas and burgers but we did manage to keep the cost under £35.00 per head for food . The bill was a mess where we were charged for Lunch not Dinner and the wine as usual came to more than the food . One would have assumed that as the bill came to less than £ 70-00 we would get a credit . Apparently that is against Hotel policy so we did not even get what was booked !

The room was not cleaned properly with no bins being emptied , a bottle of Milk left on the floor and no towel changes .

The hotel accepts that they were not up to standard and invited us back for a free night , which happens to be a 700 mile return drive . Telling them that this was unacceptable they said they would keep it open for a year and apologised .

Obviously we cannot recommend the way we have been dealt with and would warn anyone that the Cameron House Hotel does not deserve anything like a 5 star rating the food is poor and the service bad for an establishment that charges over £ 20.00 per hour over a two day stay to use its facilities .

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tony T

Dear Tony T,

I am sorry we failed to meet your, and indeed our own, expectations during your recent stay. I sincerely hoped we could welcome you back to the hotel to experience a stay more in keeping with our usual standards. Please do let us know if this becomes a possibility as we'd truly appreciate the opportunity to restore your impression.

Thank you for the feedback and please accept my sincere apologises once again.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The location is beautiful and it has lovely views over Loch Lomond. We was very disappointed by the service we received. It was extremely slow and inefficent. We ate at The Boathouse Restaurant, this was very noisy and the quality of the food was poor. Checking in and out was very slow.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Debbie C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to read that the Boathouse, check-in and check-out were below our usual standards. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a wonderful experience.