“I AM the one to review this place!!!”

Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alexandria
Toronto, Canada
“I AM the one to review this place!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had issues with this hotel from the get go, but trudged on despite all the problems. On our arrival the hotel computers crashed, and I thought "here we go", but let me tell you the rest of our 3 days were spent in a clean well appointed room, staff were pleasant and friendly. Food, bar, and service was good. Grounds are lovely (despite the ducks and geese). I would recommend this place to anyone. Wifi good. Take the seaplane tour.

1 Thank Joyce333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Everything about this hotel is quality from the rooms through to the food. Service throughout is excellent. The healthclub is very good but the spa is located at another location on the golf course a few miles away but with a shuttle bus connection

1 Thank tonyjames4040
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just returned from a special birthday break at the De Vere Cameron House Hotel, and it was a fabulous experience from start to finish. The staff were so polite and helpful. The spa was fantastic.Our room was beautiful and the grounds were spectacular. In fact if you get the chance to visit don't hesitate you won't regret it! It was out of this world luxury from beginning to end. Looking forward to our next visit!

1 Thank mair1953
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My now fiancé took me to Cameron House for a surprise. When we got there to check in everyone was very nice and nobody walked by us without saying hello. We are a young couple so I felt out of place at first but the hotel staff soon made me feel welcome. Anyway we were shown to our room and 2nd surprise was a bouquet of beautiful flowers organised by my fiancé but placed in the room for our arrival by the staff. My fiancé expected a garden view room but the lady he had been speaking to to set up my surprise had arranged a Loch viewing room. It was amazing!! once settled we went to the swimming pool which to me a non-swimmer I was dreading but enjoyed it as it was at a good temperature for me to just float about. After swimming we went and got ready for our meal which had been arranged to be in our own private room and we received our own personal waitress Nicole who was lovely and we could not fault her. The room also looked onto the Loch and added to the atmosphere for our stay. Candle lit dinner looking at the beautiful views! Stunning. Anyway once our dinner had been served we took a walk outside to the Loch side and my fiancé proposed!! We walked back into the hotel were the reception staff and the waitress Nicole where waiting for find out my answer. Apparently everybody new but me! After this we went to the bar to have a celebratory drink and the bar man surprised both of us with two glasses of champagne on the house and a big smile saying congratulations! When returning back to our room Nicole had taking chocolates up while we were outside and left a lovely note! I could not fault this place one tiny bit and I am now looking at getting married here as the service was amazing and if they can put that much attention to detail into a proposal imagine a wedding!! Amazing and thank you soo much!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights and the whole experience was excellent, it defiantly earns it's 5 star rating! Upon arrival my partner was a bit worried that it may be a bit snooty after some experiences of that at other 5 star hotels, however she couldn't have been more wrong, we felt very welcome and all the staff were very friendly and helpful, they are a credit to the hotel! The style of the hotel is very classy and I loved the scottish theme throughout. We had a meal in the cameron grill and it was excellent, and afterwards a few drinks in the great scots bar which is a really nice area and a totally relaxed feel! I honestly cannot fault the hotel at all after our experience, worth the money and we will defiantly be returning for another stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart T
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night break at Cameron House where celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. The weather was typically poor everyday but the hotel was first class! I can not wait to go back!

Everything from start to finish was generally fantastic.....

The Pro's.......

~The concierge "Brian" was a true gentlemen, he could not have looked after us any better.
~All of the staff on reception were amazing, we were greeted with a free upgrade to a whiskey suite when checking in so were lucky enough to have a beautiful view of the loch. Thank you!
~Breakfast in the Cameron grill! Great selection in a amazing setting
~The Spa, my wife had a treatment and we both used the facilities at the Spa. It's the Best!
~The Carrick golf course! A real gem! Great staff in the pro shop and some of the very best views I have ever seen on a golf course on the 14th, 15th and 16th holes! (Wouldn't rush to play the wee demon course again)
~Clay pigeon shooting, Stan's the Man! A great morning of fun, a must do!

Con's
~My only criticism was with a few of the waiting staff. We were kept waiting 25 mins for our table at the Boat House and we had pre booked? We also dined in the Cameron grill on our first night and this was very average.

Overall one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and will definitely be returning at some point!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorwichGoody
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having travelled worldwide, this is the best hotel I ever stayed in. From my booking conversations with Katie by phone, I sensed all would be great. She was so efficient, friendly and helpful. Told me about the local area so I knew what to book in advance. Super great employee. The room was exquisite, spotless - quite perfect. Breakfast was excellent. Front desk and everyone on staff were courteous, efficient and extremely helpful. The 2 girls cleaning my room were fantastic and did a great job. Couldn't find any complaint. Flew on the seaplane which was an extra highlight of my trip. Asked whiskey connoisseur in hotel bar for a scotch and he gave me a half hour talk about whiskey, and had me taste before I chose which one I liked. Dinner in the Cameron Grille was top class. Final word is that I just need to sort out which dates I'll return to Cameron House Hotel next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bijou09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander

Been to Cameron House on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!