My husband and I stayed at Cameron House for a couple of nights after our wedding on 21 December this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend as a honeymoon location to other couples.
The hotel building and location were breathtaking (despite all the wind and rain outside!). We stayed in a Whiskey Suite, which was beautifully decorated and had stunning views of the loch. We loved the roll-top bath in the bedroom, the huge four poster bed and the card and chocolates from the manager congratulating us on being newly married. The room temperature was very good and easily adjustable and the room was cleaned to a very high standard.
We ate at the Martin Wishart restaurant on the first night and the Cameron Grill on the second night. We have already been to the Martin Wishart at Leith before so knew that the standard would be very high and were certainly not disappointed. We opted for the taster menu with wine, which entailed six official courses along with an amuse-bouche, cheese and chocolates. The elegant sophistication of the setting and the sumptuous courses made it a truly brilliant night. We were particularly impressed when one of the waiters overheard us talking about leaving our laptop charger at home and arranged for concierge to provide us with one of the hotel's spare charger leads. We also had a lovely night at the Cameron Grill - the food was delicious and the service was friendly and efficient.
The hotel has extensive leisure facilities and we didn't hesitate to try out the swimming pool and jacuzzi. Although our favourite by far was the water slide (even though we are nearly thirty!)
We booked a couples package at the luxurious Carrick Spa on our last day and were utterly pampered (my husband was so relaxed that he fell asleep during his facial!). The spa is slightly expensive but could be justified for the occasional treat.
Finally, just a quick thank you to all of the staff at Cameron House for providing a truly memorable start to our marriage (we stayed 22nd-24th Dec). We look forward to returning to celebrate many future anniversaries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom