We have just returned from Cameron house in the beautiful part of Scotland Loch Lomond, our first impression was not good because my wife and I along with our son and daughter in law and our two grandchildren arrived at the front door to be ignored by two of the concierge standing in the doorway in deep conversation just stepping aside to allow us past with our luggage, We reached the reception area and welcomed by a young man I believe to be called Owen who checked us in and helped us to our suites, the rooms were situated in the new part of the building but were beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. the children had been excited because of the leisure club. which was our first stop.
After a couple of hours swimming and enjoying the company of my grandchildren, we headed to change for dinner, and then with all the family headed for the grill room where we were welcomed by the hotel butler who joked with the children asking if they were married. this lifted their spirits very much and they laughed about it the rest of the evening, Sean our waiter was very attentive and polite as was George when he visited our table to make sure all was well, My wife pointed out that it was very professional for a butler to be on hand and I will say he was a very polite gentleman who throughout our stay remembered all our names including my grandchildren Sarah and Fraser and was even there at reception to say goodbye and present the children with some colouring books for the long journey home, (what a lovely touch) he gave us his card and we will book for early next year with we hope the service of George.
Thank you to all the staff of Cameron house who was part of making our visit to Scotland worth while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following the extensive fire within the main building of the hotel on Monday, December 18th, Cameron House Hotel, the Leisure Club and the food & beverage areas within the main hotel are now temporary closed. A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom