We've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Cameron House Lodges. We got a fantastic deal and stayed in a 1 bedroom semi detached lodge just on the edge of the Loch overlooking the golf course and equal distance between the Boat House and the Hotel itself. The lodge was comfortable and very spacious for two people, they do sleep 4 and there is more than enough room. We felt that it gave us exactly what we needed which was a relaxing luxury break and we would definitely return. We loved having the balance of having our own space with self catering facilities aswell as access to the fantastic facilities and restaurants at the stunning Cameron House Hotel. We ate at the Boat House which was fantastic and I have written a separate review about this.
Our deal included a bottle of malt whiskey, we were expecting a cheap bottle but it was a 10 year aged malt whiskey which when looking in the shops is rather expensive to buy.
We were concerned after reading previous reviews that the electric bill would be expensive but it only came to £15 for the 3 nights which given the previous reviews we didn't feel was too bad and we did use the heaters quite a bit and they were effective.
My only comments would be that the website is misleading in stating that ALL the lodges have in house saunas, ours didn't! There was also a couple of bits of damage and wear a tear within the lodge that I felt could have easily been sorted by maintenance as mostly it was down to a lick of paint etc
This did not spoil our time there and we would definitely recommend it and have done already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodges are situated on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, within the grounds of the world-renowned five-star resort, Cameron House. This truly is Scottish luxury reborn. Resplendent with leisure club, pool, bar/restaurant and grill all waiting just for you. Add to this, a great family restaurant on the loch, a cheeky nine hole golf course and beauty bar. Cameron House lodges offer an exceptional range of one, two, three and four bedroom self-catering lodges that offer the privacy of home with the benefit of having luxury resort facilities. Each luxury lodge has spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, covered balconies and wonderful views of the resort, golf course or Loch Lomond. The award winning Spa at Cameron House and championship Carrick golf course are just 2 miles away and easily accessible via regular, free shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Cameron Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron House Luxury Hotel Alexandria
- Cameron Lodges Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom