“Just what we needed!!!!!”
Review of Cameron Lodges

Cameron Lodges
Uk
“Just what we needed!!!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We've just returned from a 3 night stay at the Cameron House Lodges. We got a fantastic deal and stayed in a 1 bedroom semi detached lodge just on the edge of the Loch overlooking the golf course and equal distance between the Boat House and the Hotel itself. The lodge was comfortable and very spacious for two people, they do sleep 4 and there is more than enough room. We felt that it gave us exactly what we needed which was a relaxing luxury break and we would definitely return. We loved having the balance of having our own space with self catering facilities aswell as access to the fantastic facilities and restaurants at the stunning Cameron House Hotel. We ate at the Boat House which was fantastic and I have written a separate review about this.
Our deal included a bottle of malt whiskey, we were expecting a cheap bottle but it was a 10 year aged malt whiskey which when looking in the shops is rather expensive to buy.
We were concerned after reading previous reviews that the electric bill would be expensive but it only came to £15 for the 3 nights which given the previous reviews we didn't feel was too bad and we did use the heaters quite a bit and they were effective.
My only comments would be that the website is misleading in stating that ALL the lodges have in house saunas, ours didn't! There was also a couple of bits of damage and wear a tear within the lodge that I felt could have easily been sorted by maintenance as mostly it was down to a lick of paint etc
This did not spoil our time there and we would definitely recommend it and have done already!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tara22
Allan R, General Manager at Cameron Lodges, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made full use of everything that the resort has to offer. The Boat House is a great place to dine with fantastic views of Loch Lomond and is suitable for all ages. The recent addition of The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar within the Boat House has been well received.

I have taken on board your comments regarding our website and maintenance issues.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back at Cameron House very soon.

Allan Reich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked (I thought) a mansion house apartment for a family weekend get together. Relatives also booked. I had a email telling me I would get confirmation email within 72 hours. However 6 days later I got a voicemail telling me there was a problem. There online booking system had gone down and they no longer had any vacancies. I booked on the Wednesday and the system went down on the friday so I still should have been ok. But no somehow who knows I no longer had a booking. I was really angry and disappointed as I have been looking forward to this weekend. I have been to the lodges before and I know they are wonderful. I was offered alternative lodge at the Cameron House which I decided not to take as I know they are not a patch on the ones at the Carrick. Some of them have been done up but some haven't and I wasn't taking the chance. So beware everybody do not trust their online booking system but if you want to book always phone. You would think in this day and age online would be reliable but the bookings seem to go to a third party call centre. To say I am disgruntled is an understatement.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

After looking on the Internet this location looked ideal for a family getaway, with the lodges shown around the loch.
Upon arrival, we discovered that we were actually staying at the top of a hill with a view of over grown trees and nowhere near the loch.
The lodge was equipped with everything apart from a fire! When you think lodge, you imagine sitting around a log burner of a night time with good food and wine. We actually dined out every night as it was too cold to stay in!
The storage heaters were not at all effective, the lodge was freezing. We all sat snuggled in duvets and dressing gowns to try to keep warm.
We had our 3 year old with us and only one restaurant was child friendly, there was not a great deal for him to do.
We have all returned home with a cold and some nice memories but we will definitely not be returning to the lodges and would not recommend it to young families for a getaway.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank tracytaylor1971
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Attended this Spa whilst staying in Loch Lomand for a few days. Our men played golf and us girls used the spa. We paid £115 for a full day. Including 60min treatment, lunch with a glass of bubbly, and use of the spa facilities. One of the best spa's I have every been too. The therapist was great. The staff in general friendly and helpful. The treatment rooms were clean and created a relaxing feel with subtle lighting and music. The relaxation room was to die for, with large beds to sleep or relax on, voile curtains for privacy and we were served with fresh fruit and smoothy and water whilst we relaxed after our treatment. After lunch, which was healthy and enjoyable, and we thoroughly enjoyed the champagne add on, we headed up to the open air infinity jacuzzi on the roof of the spa, lovely .... over looking the 18th hole of the golf course, it was drizzling with rain when we were there but the warm of the jacuzzi was bliss. The rest of the spa was clean and the experience was good. A couple of the sauna's were not working properly but that didnt deter us from enjoying our time here! Would definately recommend and visit again next time I am in Loch Lomand!!!

Room Tip: check out the spa website for special deals or speak direct for with reception to make a booking and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in this 6 bed lodge, (sleeps 6, not 6 bedrooms) with 2 family friends. The lodge had been re-furbished since last year and was very nicely done. The beds were very comfortable, plenty of storage room in the bedrooms and a good sized coat cupboard in the hallway. The bathrooms were spotlessly clean, large and had great showers.
The kitchen is big and well equipped so if like us, you want to do some cooking, then you will cope just fine.
The main living area is on the 1st floor with a balcony under the overhang of the roof. Apparently there used to be a view of the loch and golf course but the trees have done what trees do and have grown and blocked most of the view. However, you can still see Ben Lomond and the trees make your lodge feel very private and peaceful.
The living area is huge with large soft sofas and plenty of room for 6 to dine and spread out.
We loved it.
The area around Loch Lomond is beautiful, we walked a section of the west highland way, you can get a train from nearby Balloch to Glasgow and visit any number of picturesque places.
Well worth a visit

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SMD1966
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of using all of our facilities. Our lodges are spacious and comfortable and set in the beautiful surroundings of Loch Lomond.

I hope to welcome you and your friends back to Cameron House in the near future.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Lovely hotel with beautiful surroundings. Walking distance to the near by town. Pool and hot tubs can become crowded with locals. Bad weather of Western Scotland can be a problem. The breakfast if fantastic.

Room Tip: Great family get away. Pool can be quite crowded. Hotel also run a fitness center which is open to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We do have lots to offer and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I rented a lodge overlooking the lake( loch!) it was the best money could buy at £ 1200 a week, sleeps 6, comfortably .
Breathtaking scenes, with high end restaurants which we didn't try, we went to the casual ones which were great. It was good value for money in terms of comfort, and my son quickly made friends to play football, went biking, and I joined in quad biking £ 35 each for an hour and a half , taking a tour of breathtaking views, scenes you might think only a film director could reproduce by pasting clips from different locations, we drove into mud,disappeared into a woodland, stopped for sheep crossing, passed by horses in big open fields, drove thru grass taller than us ... It was an epic ride! Worthwhile each pound! Idealic location for marriages, each weekend we witnessed a marriage ceremony. Very quiet, but perfect family escape with an amazing indoors pool overlooking the lake, an out of this world gym with the most modern machines all set on panoramic views, not tucked in a dead corner like many hotels, they even have yoga, pilates etc classes at. An extra £ 5 per class only!!! but perfect for golfers, and many amenities for sports. A week of perfect fun for the whole family, parents can relax knowing kids are entertained and safe! Love it . Will definately come back.

Room Tip: We chose lodge with one floor one week and two floors a second week. Both are great. But one floor i...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Allan R, General Manager at Cameron Lodges, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
A huge thank you for your review. I am delighted that you stayed in one of our luxury lodges overlooking the loch. We do have lost of activities and many walks and I am glad you took advantage of all we have to offer. We are in an idyllic setting and we do have all sorts of people from the film industry interested in filming the hotel and the surrounding scenery. Guests can have a very busy time or just relax in leisure club or luxury spa at The Carrick.

I can see from your comments that you enjoyed the resort so much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distance future.

Allan Reich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Lomond Woods Holiday Park
Lomond Luxury Lodges
Lomond Luxury Lodges
#1 of 4 in Drymen

Been to Cameron Lodges? Share your experiences!