All reviews the pub a lovely en suite bathroom nice sunday lunch ordered drinks from the bar interesting menu pie saturday evening meal great selection of drinks fish and chips my mums birthday gluten intolerance plate of food lovely evening excellent service and food puds the sticky toffee pudding red cabbage
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here as a stop over and found this renovated hotel provided good accommodation and restaurant style food. One of the few english pubs that did not resonate of the sixties and while in a country locale offered city sensibility.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed here for drinks because we were on a walk but we were impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the fact that it seemed newly refurbished.Great pub where we would stop again and eat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I only stayed one night but really enjoyed our visit.It was helped by glorious September weather and on arrival we enjoyed a pint outside in beautiful sunshine with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside.
Inside the place has obviously had a fortune spent on it and our large bedroom (Codrington) with excellent bathroom was well above the standard you would expect in a country pub.
The Dining areas are equally impressive and we had a superb dinner and breakfast.
Staff are all very friendly and efficient.
Altogether a super place.Couldn't fault it.

Room tip: Rooms at the front have best views.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You know when it's the morning after a celebration meal and you wish you would have said something at the time?
We booked here for my birthday celebration as we love the Baiting House and visit every few months so decided to try The Admiral Rodney again.
We started the evening with a beautiful New Zealand Sauvignon.
We decided not to go for starters as I was hoping I could manage a dessert.
I chose the sirloin steak and my hubby the haddock and chips.
The food arrived looking lovely but in reality it was very average. My steak was pink as I requested bit had little taste intact it all had little taste. My husband's fish had a funny aftertaste.
We were both really disappointed and decided to just opt for a coffee and the bill.
We left quietly without passing on our feedback.
We just wanted an enjoyable meal with no fuss!!y husband can still taste that after taste of the fish even though he's cleaned his teeth
It's a BIG NO for us sadly. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent views and excellent service and food. Our go to pub if we have visitors. They can accommodate dogs in certain areas if you are stuck and need to take them with you. A good selection of food is available.