We stayed at Makayla Palms for 9 days in February. Rachel picked us up at the airport and when we drove into Makayla Palms we knew immediately we would be very happy there.
3 villas set apart from each other in the most beautiful spacious gardens. We stayed in Tiarre villa, which was beautiful and furnished to a very high standard. It was very clean and comfortable with everything you would need provided in the kitchen, and a BBQ on the verandah which we used for many evening meals. The location was excellent, only one minute walk to the beach, and this was probably the best beach on the island, white sand and a fabulous blue lagoon. We went snorkelling every day using the snorkelling equipment provided free, there was also free use of Kayaks. We seemed to have the beach to ourselves most days and hardly ever saw anyone else, it really was paradise.
Makayla Palms gardens are a joy and these are looked after by Fred who does a wonderful job, his wife Loving is the housekeeper and keeps everything ship-shape as well as finding time to stop and chat and giving us fruit and herbs grown in the garden.
Whilst we were there we enjoyed an Umu, a traditional feast prepared by Fred and Loving of food wrapped in banana leaves and cooked underground, it was delicious, so many different meats and fish to taste. During this evening we were entertained to traditional singing and dancing by Freds daughters and niece. It was a wonderful evening and we are so glad to have been part of it.
Rachel was the perfect host, bringing us homemade cakes and biscuits, calling in to make sure all was ok and giving us info on shopping and Restaurants, nothing was too much trouble.
We would certainly highly recommend Makayla Palms.
We were sorry not to have met John, as he was away in NZ, but would like to thank you both from Linda and Malcolm in England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka