What to say about Makayla Palms? Our wonderful hosts' standards remain impeccable, the beach, as always - sublime, local restaurants, as per usual - delicious!
This is our 5th visit to Rarotonga (3rd visit to Makayla Palms - since we visited the first time 3 years ago we never book anywhere else!). Once again we find the place to be perfect in every way and are already looking at flights and availability for our next stay.
Rarotonga is NOT Fiji.....it is better in every way. The unspoilt Island paradise has kept its charm thanks to the unique property ownership laws that date back forever and as such, the massive chain resorts have been kept out and if you are clever you will choose a small, locally owned resort such as Makayla Palms where you can feel more like a guest and another person fighting for a lounge chair by the pool!
We were luck enough to experince a local umu (local food cooked in the ground prepared by long time staff members and friends Fred and Loving) one night and our hosts joined us along with the other guests for an intimate and enjoyable evening.
As I've said in my other reviews, you won't find a better beach in the South Pacific and once again I discovered wonderful snorkelling (which unlike other islands in the Pacific actually gets better with age as the reef and lagoon continue to prosper due to lack of people) - I even saw wild turtles for the 4th time which is always a delight and beats paying to spend half a day on a boat full of other people to see these amazing creatures in captivity.
I can't go on about this place enough - if you are sick of tired old resorts and fighting for your space then try something new - you will NOT regret it and you can be assured that Makayla Palms is #1 on Tripadvisor for a reason!
Thanks again John, Rachel, Loving and Fred (and the girls!) for an incredible stay - we can't wait to see you again as soon as work permits!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka