From Rachel's warm welcome at the airport (at a very antisocial hour) until the moment we left, both Rachel and John were the consummate hosts. The villa was superb, clean, comfortable and had everything we needed to see us through until we found Karl's shop a short walk away. Just moments from a stunning beach, which at times is all yours, and only a few minutes further to some great restaurants, it was the perfect place to switch off, relax and unwind.
Make sure to join John and Rachel when they invite Fred, Loving and their girls to host a traditional "umu" where fantastic fish and pork dishes are just a part of the feast. Followed up with a display of traditional island dancing, it was a great welcome and helped complete the Cook island experience.
From helping us book around the tricky dateline, to delivering us safely to the airport when it was time to leave, nothing was too much trouble. When I come back to Rarotonga there's no question where I'll choose to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka