My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week and wish we could have spent more time.
John and Rachel have done a wonderful job building Makayla Palms and it really shows. Everything is so nicely taken care of, and our hosts really took care of us with fresh fruit, activity bookings, and immediate attention to a minor maintenance need.
The villas and the entire property are beautiful. The villas we stayed in was literally perfect. We could not have asked for more well kept accommodation.
The landscaping is extremely impressive, especially since the staff at Makayla Palms is only four people- it's easily on par with some of the nicest resorts I've stayed at. As an added bonus, many of the plants are edible herbs and fruit that you can use in your meals.
We also had an incredible time exploring the island and getting in some much needed relaxation. After traveling around the island a few times, we realized that while everything is lovely, Titikavaka is easily the nicest, quietest, most beautiful beach. The snorkeling just steps from our villa was the best either of us have ever experienced. The abundance of life and diversity of fish in the lagoon is unbelievable. The further out you go, the better it is.
We cooked most of our meals in our villa and ate outside most of the time. It was great to have the BBQ and full kitchen. We also appreciated having access to the the high quality kayaks and the laundry room so that we could travel with minimum baggage.
We'd definitely recommend Makayla Palms to anyone looking to visit Rarotonga and we hope to return some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka