Where does one start? As seasoned travellers and workaholics this beautifully appointed group of three villas is less than 50 metres from Rarotonga's best beach and lagoon and surpasses all others of a similar calibre in which we have previously stayed. However what really sets Makayla Palms head and shoulders above the many other Rarotongan properties can be summarized in several words..hospitality, unbelievable hosting hospitality excellence. From the moment of booking we were in the hands of our experienced hosts. John & Rachel left no coconut to fall, ensuring our stay was one to remember. It wasn't only the fact that our accomodation was beautifully appointed - tastefully furnished and not wanting for any luxury- it was those little personal touches offered daily tailored to suit an exhausted couple wanting to relax and enjoy the island culture & cuisine in its quiet magnificance. Small touches that meant so much, included home baking delivered throughout our stay, deicious beautifully prepared continental breakfasts, a work of art as well as a morning tropical delight. The garden ripened pineapple that we were able to pick fresh from the Makayla Palms organic garden. The evening we spent with Fred, Loving and their girls, John and Rachel and the other guests with music, food, dance and warm conversation. In all of our extensive travels never have we experienced such personal luxury involving this degree of hospitality and friendship. Combine this with natural beauty on the doorstep, the quality and thought put into the presentation of Makayla Palms Resort - then John and Rachel you have a created an absolute winner. We have departed as friends that intend to return in the very near future. Arohanui, Kim & Tristan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka