We spent five relaxing days at Makayla Palms and enjoyed every minute. The villas are well appointed and spotlessly clean, and John and Rachel were excellent hosts who give us many little extras like fresh fruit and baking. Although you aren't near much in the way of shopping or restaurants, the local bus service is cheap and runs hourly each way. The beach is only a few feet away although not visible from the villas. The beach is great (and very quiet), with superb snorkeling because there is a reef well offshore that results in a large lake-like area for snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, etc. John and Rachel provide the snorkeling gear and kayaks. One note: although the website is correct in saying "free WiFi", all that means is a connection to a telecom hotspot. You still have to buy a data account from the local phone company in order to access the internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka