We have recently returned from an 11 day stay at Makayla Palms - our second visit to this wonderful gem, and our 10th visit to Rarotonga over the past 19 years (so we have plenty of other accommodation experiences with which to compare Makayla Palms! )
If a quiet, relaxing holiday, close to a beautiful beach & in an immaculate and well equipped modern villa sounds like your 'thing' - then then this is the place to stay. John and Rachel the hosts, are welcoming, , friendly and helpful (in an unobtrusive way) and of course Rachel's home baking is legendary! The other recent reviews say it all!!
Some recommendations from us-
* "Island Living" - a delightful, newly opened gift shop (Rachel will give you the directions)
* "Tivaevae Collectables" - near the airport --
* "The Cafe" at the Beachcomber in town, and Neil Dearlove's take-away coffees made at the coffee roastery at his home at Matavera every day 7am- 10am (except Saturdays (cicoffeecompany.wordpress.com/)
* the smoked marlin hash, and the pizzas, at Cafe Salsa in town (www.salsa.co.ck)
* "Little Polynesian" for fine dining - perhaps to celebrate a special occasion (www.little polynesian.com/)
* The nearby CICC church at 10 am on Sunday to hear the amazing singing and have morning tea with the locals after the service.
The only problem is that it's so hard to come back to city life and work after such a wonderful holiday! Thanks again John and Rachel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka