“Bella Beach Units”

and 1 more site!
Bella Beach Bungalows
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just returned from Rarotonga having stayed in no3 unit of Bella Beach great relaxing place to stay right on the sand and so near the lagoon a real south seas experience ,this is our second stay at this resort,snorkling ,swimming,kayaking,lying on the beach ,lazing in the hammock,what more could you ask for and being the envy of so many .Thank you helen.

3  Thank AlexandraNZRarofan

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for a week and just cant wait to go back. Great location, walk out the front door
and into the water. Probably the best bit of beach on the island, very quite and private and clean.
Great service, everything kept clean and tidy for us, great staff, great pricing, this place is just
like paradise, there must be something wrong with anybody who could fault this place.

1  Thank Aida S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Bella Beach Bungalows are on a beautiful, uncrowded beach. location couldn't be better and even though the road goes by in the back, it is quiet at night b/c there is no traffic on the road. the price is right too!

Room Tip: bungalow #2 on the end
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lagatita1
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well the location of Bella Beach is definitely best on the island. The photos depicted do not apply to all 4 bungalows & 2 of the four bungalows are well below standard, with stained toilet bowls & sheets were stained, showers need to be completely redone.. Management blamed everyone else - units only swept through but no cleaning products were seen for the 2 weeks we stayed at the bungalows. Toilet cleaner & janola is required when cleaning. I refused to pay until we were provided with a radio & table & chairs to eat at - thought this would be a minimum requirement. What was most upsetting was the continually verbal bullying by Anna-bella for payment in cash, even though numerous emails had been sent to request payment options, which could have been by electronic transfer even before we left New Zealand for Rarotonga. I raised this with Anna-Bella who said she would only accept cash & not credit card even though it clearly states that credit card would be acceptable. Anna-bella was only at the office a couple of hours a day, if that; when in hospitality its a minimum 40 hour a week job as dealing with all international tourists to Rarotonga. I took numerous photos before departing Bella Beach of the issues I raised, so hope that they stick to their word and fixed the bungalows up to a higher standard. This was our 3rd trip to Rarotonga so we are very familiar with standards of all accommodation and what is acceptable.

Room Tip: Specify exactly what number bungalow you wish to book. Request that a key be left in secure place...
4  Thank Barbara M
BellaBeachBungalows, Owner at Bella Beach Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Kia Orana Barbara.

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us here at Bella Beach, Rarotonga. I think it is only fair that I respond not for justification but more clarification of some of the issues you have highlighted in your review.

I think many all around the world that have visited us here at Bella Beach will agree with me that our bungalows are NOT below standard, like you pointed out during your stay, you were disappointed with a certain payment process to which you felt “bullied” that eventuated into you taking it out on other little fixable problems around the property and more specifically in the unit to which you stayed, which saddens me to see that you did not mention this in your review.

Also what was not mentioned in your review was the fact that all your problems where attended to in reasonable timing and to satisfactory standard based on what resources we had at the time. Addition to this, one of our property owners, personally visited you, sincerely apologized and took FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the whole ordeal and fairly compensated all your troubles and more.

Going back to your review, you mentioned a few things like stained toilets, stained sheets, the showers needed to be redone, the unit only swept but no cleaning products seen for 2 weeks, no table to eat from or chairs to sit on. All I can say to this is “if it was so below standard, why didn’t you sort alternative accommodation?” Because I know personally, if that was me, I would have been out of there quick smart. But unfortunately, your review has made it sound a little more than what it really was.

But for clarification purposes, I’m happy to share a bit of light on each of your comments.

Stained Toilet Bowl – There is no excuse for this, unfortunately that had been severely overlooked by both management and staff, however, this has been rectified and strict instructions and processors have been enforced, which I am sure our current tenants can confirm.

Stained Sheets – We use a local Laundry Company who rotates our linen on weekly bases. In regards to stains, this was NOT an experience you had with your unit during your stay, as it was an issue another couple experienced however there were other contributing factors to this which you would not have been aware of. We do not put stained sheets on our bed, nor do we tolerate such standards.

Showers needing repair / or total renovations – I agree there are aspects in our property that we would like to rip out and do again, however the state of our bathroom is nowhere near the stage of complete demolition. I agree the toilet played a huge part, but that is no reason to take it out on the whole bathroom.

Unit only swept once / no cleaning products – The unit is self contained. There are brooms etc available in each unit. As for cleaning products we do supply the basics, however they are not left in the unit but are made available when required. Also, we do have a cleaner who is happy to give your unit a quick turnover if advised in advance and would be deal with without hesitation.

No Table and Chairs – Completely untrue. With the bungalows and how they are designed, I agree not all bungalows are designed exactly the same, however a table and chair is a compulsory requirement. But due to the very limited space in the unit, a very suitable table and chairs were provided on the deck. The issue here was when you wanted to eat inside? Again because of space constraints it was not appropriate. However, once we were told we immediately purchased you a table and 2 chairs.

Payment in Cash ONLY – After a lengthy investigation with staff and management, I was unable to locate all the emails sent by you requesting payment methods. It is clearly indicated on our website that the methods of payment are via credit card, direct deposit or cash on arrival. When you arrived, it had been asked of you to make final payment, the Property Manager did advise you of the 4% charge you would have been charged if using your credit card and then considerately told you to pay cash to avoid the extra charges. In relation to the continuous bullying regarding payment, I believe it was the frustration of no payment being made by you even after the first week of your stay, and it would have only been normal to create doubts that we may not be paid for your stay, and unfortunately we are not like big hotels where payment can be made at the end of your stay, as we are only a small business and expenses need to be paid regularly and rental payments keep us a float and allow us a cash flow.

Thankfully once all was explained and all parties had calm down, you all turned out to be rather upstanding people, I believe it was just with the frustration of our Property Manager and the unfortunate disappointment of you, we were just not making any progress.

But I totally agree there are a few things that are in need of serious attention, but please know that we are not so inhumane that we would allow our family or friends let alone guests to stay in the units if we thought it was beyond livable.

So in saying this, we do try really hard to ensuring that our guests have the best time here on our island and more so with us at Bella Beach. I definitely can assure you a lot of positive changes have taken place since your departure as mentioned to you during your stay. But despite all this, we welcome you back to our island and to Bella Beach in the near future and thank you for your review as without constructive criticism we would not be able to deliver services at the highest level.

Meitaki Maata
Property Owner

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been to Rarotonga many times, and stayed in the resorts, holiday houses, smaller hotels/motels and I can honestly say this has been the best place I have stayed in. You will not find better value for your money on Rarotonga. Bella Beach had a beach as good as if not better than the resorts, for a third of the cost. Plus, with only four bungalows on the property you are not competing with hoards of tourists for beach space. And, with kitchenette/bbq facilities and full size fridge you are able to cook your own meals when you want to - another huge money saver. The bungalow was exceptionally clean and tidy on arrival, and while some aspects of the room do look a little on the tired side, this was nowhere near enough to be any kind of dampner on my overall experience. As mentioned before the beach is spectacular, you have snorkelling on your doorstep - and each bungalow has it's own assigned kayak and hammock. There are two BBQ's for the four bungalows. We had hired all 4 bungalows as a group, and I can say that this was a fantastic option for a group holiday, but each bungalow has enough privacy that I would not mind coming back and staying in one bungalow with other tourists staying in the other 3. Just FYI - Bungalow #2 has the best views, Bungalow #1 has a full size oven (if you so need - the other 3 bungalows have hobs, and microwave), and #1 does seem to have been updated, however #1 does not have a canopy roof for the outside deck.
Every 3 days our bungalows were fully serviced, and given the price we were paying, I was not expecting this. Every day a groundsmen came and tidied up the outside of the bungalows and the beach - so that the area was always exceptionally clean and tidy. These are little perks that you simply do not usually get for this kind of money, at other places on the island. And all staff (groundsmen/housemaids/Annabelle who runs the office) were beyond friendly and helpful to deal with. I would not hesitiate to recommend Bella Beach Bungalows to anyone, and I will definitely be returning!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Second time to raro fanstice place.First time at bella beach and wont be our last ,the bungalow was execellent.nice host picked us up on arrivel,but you must let them know before you arrive that you need pickup and arrange to have unit unlook for when you arrive ,remember this island is very lay back so get all those little things sorted out before you arrive ,Annable and staff are great ,and yes the veiws r outstanding,it is like you have your own private beach.and scooter hire is 1min walk, what you see in the pictures is really what you get,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank 123cutloose
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We just stayed for a week at Bella Beach Bungalow 4 and loved the place. It is great value for money accomodation right on the lagoon edge. The setting is stunning and you can snorkel from right in front of the Bungalow. Muri beach is less than 5 minutes away by scooter and you can escape all the tourists by being at Bella Beach. TV didn't really work but that didn't matter, you don't want to waste time in Raro watching TV.

Will defintiely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titikaveka
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel
Kiikii Inn & Suites
Kiikii Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Avarua
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Bella Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!