Sorry for the late review Sam.
Upon arriving at the resort, you get a peaceful feeling you are now just far away enough from the hustle of the mainstream areas to feel a bit more free and relaxed but also close enough that you don't need to travel halfway around the island to get to the main beach in Muri or the Avarua area (unless you take the bus our styles, but that's another story!)
Greeted with a warm smile from the lady at reception, we were starving so opted to have lunch at the resort, what a great idea! I had the sizzling seafood and my partner had the hamburger, both beautifully presented meals and most importantly tasted delicious
Dinner was always well presented and delicious. So good that we rarely ate outside the resort. The Blue fin Tuna with mash potato and spinach was a definitive highlight as my partner neither likes fish nor spinach but couldn't resist eating half of my meal after a small taste I gave her. Well done Little Poly, a rare feat!
Soon as you arrive at your room and look out at the secluded beach, if you still had any worries from home or work or whatever, they are instantaneously rushed from your body and all the weight and pressures you had were now released.
We stayed in the Overbeach Ares. It still had a very traditional style which just sets the mood of a paradise island perfectly. You have a deck with sunbed that leads to your own little part of the beach that seems undisturbed. Big shower and bath out the back. Just beautiful all round.
After our disastrous effort of trying to get to Avarua to get a scooter license, the staff were more than happy to sort out a time to do my test and provided us with Sam who drove us to Avarua to get my license! Unreal service!
From then on Sam helped us with more than words can describe. Tips on great places to go like The Hidden Garden just a mintue or 2 up the road, recommended a place for dinner but sorry, Little Poly was King! Taking me to hospital (another story for another time...) and picking me up from the police station. (Another story!!! lol)
I was unaware that no children were allowed at the resort but we have no kids so for us it was great not hearing screaming kids early in the morning.
It was unfortunate that I had an accident which lead to further complications which hindered our trip but Sam and all the staff at Little Poly went above and beyond the call of duty which really made things so much easier for us.
Hope to visit again in the near future and definitely recommend this resort to couples looking to have an undisturbed romantic getaway, honeymooners and people looking to put a little sparkle back in their love life.
Carlos & Tina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka