After spending just a week at Little Polynesian, I didn’t want to leave. This place simply ticked all our boxes. The over the beach bure we stayed in was truly sensational. It’s luxurious and cozy at the same time and its right at a lagoon with calm waters. My favourite spot would have to be our own daybed at the deck – with closeup views of the lagoon at Titikaveka beach. They also have these wooden DENON sunloungers at the beach that I wanted to take back home and a spa/Jacuzzi at your own backyard.
With this boutique resort only catering for a small no of guests, you will get that feeling of seclusion. You will wake up to a beach which you’d feel as if it’s your very own.
You will initially sense this walking in to the reception – that feeling of serenity as you hear the tumbling waves of the ocean as they hit the reef and the sound of Polynesian music playing in the background. The welcoming area leads to the restaurant which leads to the infinity pool and here you get postcard views of the ocean peeking through tall bending palm trees. The view is especially spectacular at sunset so I highly encourage staying at the resto for Happy Hour drinks (4-6 PM).
I am a lover of food and studying to be a chef at the moment so have high expectations from the Little Polynesian restaurant. The dishes that we had certainly didn’t disappoint! Atmosphere is perfect, portions were good, flavours were right on the money and there’s plenty enough choices plus a dinner special option that changes every night. I have to admit we were kinda stuck on the Seafood Pasta. It was so good that we had it 3 times during our stay and just alternating the other mains.. I recommend for people not even staying in the hotel to take a stop at this restaurant.
I also liked the fact that the resort offers scooters to rent (partnering with Polynesian Bike Hires) this makes it convenient for guests to organize their transport.
Lastly, I want to send all praises to the people who looked after us for a week and made our stay very comfortable and memorable. Sam Napa who is the GM made sure we’re happy and safe at all times. We met him on our 2nd day and it felt like we’ve known him for years. Much gratitude as well to Marilyn, Suzette, Vicki, Michael, Richard, Niki, Oviana, and the entire team at Little Poly who made the place feel like home. You guys rock! Maitaki Maata!
So Id end this review with the highest ratings I can possibly give and I am very happy I didn’t stay with anyone else. It is PURE and UNPRETENTIOUS LUXURY – resonating what Cook Islands is.
I would certainly come back (soon if only I could!). All the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka