The Little Polynesian is a boutique resort on the southern side of Rarotonga. It consists mostly of beachside bungalows and a couple of smaller garden bungalows. Whilst some of the other resorts situated at nearby Muri have better access to the lagoon and small islands, the Little Polynesian's beach location is pretty and convenient for swimming and other watersports. The Little Polynesian is also a more pleasant, less touristy environment and the bungalows are a very light, clean and modern design with plenty of room. The only potential improvement could be to provide a small clothes horse to hang wet swimware and towels, but otherewise they are very comfortable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. As an example, the GM Sam drives guests to nearby restaurants when getting buses or taxis proved problematic.
Whilst the restaurant's menu isn't extensive, the food is good value and of high quality.
The island's bus company passes the Little Polynesian on the hour and 20 past the hour (one going clockwise the other, anticlockwise) so transport around Rarotonga is relatively easy. However, if you want more flexibility (particularly when travelling on the weekend when the buses are less frequent) you may be advised to rent a car or bike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspiring Romance … For those seeking privacy and luxury, look no further than our award-winning 4.5 star Little Polynesian Resort. Our leading boutique resort, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, makes an ideal location for honeymooners and couples seeking a romantic picturesque escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka