We spent 7 days at Little Polynesian in September 2012 for our honeymoon. The overall impression is really positive but there are a couple of negative aspects.
Positive: the resort is really beautiful, clean and organized with a good restaurant and a friendly and helpful staff: people always have a smile on their faces and make you feel at home. We stayed in a beach bungalow, simple but beautiful, all made in natural wood, with all comforts, including a small private garden at the back with a Jacuzzi and a patio at the front with an amazing view of the ocean.
Unfortunately, there are also some negative points: the weather had always been bad except for the first day and half of the last day of our stay. It rained only once but there was an annoying, high, cold wind that blew constantly and it was always cloudy. We tried to spend some time on the beach regardless the wind but it was impossible, we were freezing! Later we’ve been told that Rarotonga, having a mountain at the centre of the island, is subject to this kind of weather – we didn’t know (and it’s not written in any guide) or we would have spent less days in Raro and more in Aitutaki where the weather was nice and the island is gorgeous. It was difficult to sleep well in a bungalow in front of the ocean because of the heavy seas and the high wind.
Because of the bad weather our Jacuzzi was always dirty and nobody cleaned it in 7 days, so we couldn't use it. The cleanliness is another negative aspect: whereas the restaurant, the resort in general, the beach and the garden were clean, we can’t say the same of our room. There were two room services a day but, despite that, the room and especially the bathroom was always quite dirty. We timed the room service and it lasted 3 minutes! Not enough to clean a room.
Last negative point is the variety of dishes at the restaurant at lunch and dinner (breakfast was plentiful and very very good). The food was excellent and really well cooked but the menu only had 4 entrees and 4 main dishes. We stayed for 7 days, so we basically ate the same things every day. Even though the food was good we would have liked more choice.
That been said, we enjoyed our time at Little Poly, the place and people are really nice, but 7 days in Raro are probably too much and the weather was really disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka