We just got back from 6 fabulous days in Rarotonga. I had done all my research thru Trip Advisor on locations and was very happy with the Moana Sands. The location is wonderful, peaceful and the swimming, snorkling cannot be beat. The water is crystal clear with so many fish you would think you are at the Aquarium. Wish the weather had been a bit more warm but there were a few sunny days and when that sun came out, you felt it. Loved the wind blowing thru the palm trees and hearing the ocean as you slept. The room was cleaned each day with fresh flowers. All rooms have an ocean/lagoon view. Having the PawPaw restaurant next door was great too. We had excellent food-especially the Thai Chicken Salad which my boyfriend loved.
Getting around Rarotonga is easy by bus. The bus stops right outside the hotel. We had wonderful food everywhere we went, but our favorite was Trader Jack's in Avarua.
Right on the water. Rarotonga is truly a "gem" to be discovered. Very few American's seem to travel there, mostly New Zealanders. The island is lush and clean and on our last day there while walking down the "back road" were greeted by a resident on a scooter who stopped to welcome us. The people are friendly and we were really amazed at how tidy and clean it was. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for beachfront at a very affordable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka