This hotel looks nothing like the website shows. The rooms are grey and not particularly clean, there were ants on the bedside table when we arrived, and the "double" bed was actually 2 single beds pushed together. The breakfast was not very good either- choice of cereal, toast or fruit and thats all! The beach is tiny. However the most disappointing thing about this place was the manager of the place. We found her to be rude, disorgnised and quite patronising. She sent us to a restaurant and failed to mention that we would need to make a reservation and she booked us an airport transfer that never turned up! There is no staff on site in the evening / night and at the weekends there is noone there at all, except for a few hours in the morning. Rarotonga is okay but if you can, visit Aitutaki instead- more peaceful, beautiful and just a lovely place to stay. I could not use any of these adjectives to describe the Moana Sands. Avoid this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel, directly overlooking the idyllic Titikaveka Beach, features a variety of studios with stunning beachfront views. Evenings can be spent at Sands Restaurant & Bar and our popular Sunday night beach BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka