There were some things I was looking for on this trip. I wanted a nice hotel with its own beach (really on a beach), good accomodation with quiet and peaceful surroundings, great food and that was it.
I lucked out, Moana Sands has this and more. It isn't an "everything included" resort, go somewhere else if you want to sit by a pool and get served $30 cocktails all day, it is what is says on the tin - a locally owned hotel with some very extra special features.
Swimming - The lagoon at this end of the Island is probably the best place to swim and snorkel, even at low tide there is plenty of water, is some areas low tide means you can be ankle deep (that what I saw and was told). The hotel is on the beach, get up, put some togs on and go for a swim.
Food - The food is stunning, it has the best chef on the island of that there is not doubt, he never it missed once, I ate there every night and tried everything, steam coconut fish in bananna leaf, steak to die for, pork so moist and tasty you will want to do it again - all served by some of the nicest attentive people you will every meet, thanks guys.
Accomodation - tidy, pratical, everthing you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka