There were some things I was looking for on this trip. I wanted a nice hotel with its own beach (really on a beach), good accomodation with quiet and peaceful surroundings, great food and that was it.
I lucked out, Moana Sands has this and more. It isn't an "everything included" resort, go somewhere else if you want to sit by a pool and get served $30 cocktails all day, it is what is says on the tin - a locally owned hotel with some very extra special features.
Swimming - The lagoon at this end of the Island is probably the best place to swim and snorkel, even at low tide there is plenty of water, is some areas low tide means you can be ankle deep (that what I saw and was told). The hotel is on the beach, get up, put some togs on and go for a swim.
Food - The food is stunning, it has the best chef on the island of that there is not doubt, he never it missed once, I ate there every night and tried everything, steam coconut fish in bananna leaf, steak to die for, pork so moist and tasty you will want to do it again - all served by some of the nicest attentive people you will every meet, thanks guys.
Accomodation - tidy, pratical, everthing you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel, directly overlooking the idyllic Titikaveka Beach, features a variety of studios with stunning beachfront views. Evenings can be spent at Sands Restaurant & Bar and our popular Sunday night beach BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka