We opted to stay here for the first part of our honeymoon. Upon arrival, Mi'i welcomed us with fresh juice and a brief orientation and tour of the property. Beautifully landscaped, we felt like we'd entered the garden of Eden. Our bungalow was immaculately clean and situated on the edge of the property, right by the beach. The view was simply breathtaking, but we had no idea just how breathtaking until we donned our snorkel gear and looked down. WOW! This is by far some of the best snorkeling on the island. Giant blue starfish blanketed healthy coral heads, teeming with schools of bright fish. My husband saw both a turtle and a nice spotted eel, and we were both in awe of how clear the water was and how untouched the coral was. We had planned to do some diving while we were there, but the snorkeling was so good, we really didn't feel we needed to. Our second morning, Mi'i invited the guests to attend a complimentary tea to meet the other guests and the owner, Bill, who was just lovely. The muffins Mi'i served are much talked about in other reviews and for a reason. I'd do the hokey-pokey for her hokey-pokey muffins! We enjoyed how peaceful the property was, without children running about as there are at so many other properties, and liked that we could sleep in as late as we liked without maintenance firing up a leaf blower or lawnmower, as we've experienced elsewhere. On the afternoon of our third day, Jimmy, the groundskeeper, came by with a few fresh coconuts and taught us how to open them, serving us beautiful coconut water and from the sprouted coconut, the meat that's gone lofty - almost like a coconut meringue, which we had never experienced before. It was mouth-watering! We greatly enjoyed our stay and would certainly revisit this property for a romantic weekend. Do note (and we thought this was a good thing) that you're pretty much opposite the main "downtown", so if you're looking for numerous restaurants and activities within easy walking distance, this isn't ideal. That said, the buses run twice an hour and are easy and inexpensive to catch, so you can definitely get where you want to go pretty easily that way, or with a scooter or rental car. Just bear in mind you'll require some transportation unless you enjoy a decent stroll or bike ride. Overall, just a stunning place to stay with wonderful people and a prime location, especially if the beach, kayaking, snorkeling, and sunning are how you plan to spend the majority of your time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Takitumu provides our guests with a truly relaxing, intimate, beachfront holiday with a distinctively authentic, Polynesian Cook Islands experience. Ten individual, private bungalows boast breathtaking views of Rarotonga's finest white sand beach. Royal Takitumu is a small, secluded private resort, located close to nearby sites, shops and restaurants, with services you expect from a large resort. Royale Takitumu embodies the wonderful and unique aspects of this island paradise. Royal Takitumu - Genuine. Natural. Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Royale Takitumu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Takitumu Hotel Titikaveka
- Royale Takitumu Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka