“Great snorkeling, tons of fish, be careful about the current” 5 of 5 bubbles

Titikaveka Beach
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling, tons of fish, be careful about the current”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went here on day 2 of my trip after having done a little recon the prior day. The beach is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful on the island. Getting in the water was easy and there were some nice rock areas for me to stash my towel and stuff on instead of having to drop wet towel onto the sand.

I'm a very experienced snorkeler/diver. One thing I noticed almost immediately after getting in was that the current was pushing me down the beach. I was able to snorkel out to the same area where two of the snorkeling boats were taking people (so that just saved me like $50) and indeed it was beautiful. After I'd been out there awhile I decided to head back in and of course, that's when I noticed that the current was really pushing me down the beach since I was a little tired plus I had to detour around some of the larger rock/coral formations anyway.

After about 15 minutes of fighting the currents I was able to get back to the beach right where my gear was but it took alot of work. Shortly after I got out of the water and older man (probably late 50s) came walking up the beach. He had gotten pushed about 1/3 to 1/2 of a mile down the beach and had to walk back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank RSMGuy

Auckland Region, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a great spot for snorkeling as has really easy access to reef spots so even the kids can enjoy easily and safely, nice sandy beach too :)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank KittyCW
Noosa, Australia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach, great snorkelling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

The snorkelling here is fantastic. So many varieties of fish and I was surprised how warm the water was. Initially cold as I stepped in, but strangely warmed up quickly? Can't explain, and no I hadn't even begun my daily Cook Island holiday drinks, although perhaps I may have seen triple the amount of fish, had I done so. :)

Visited August 2012
2 Thank gogirlnyc
Auckland, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The water is clear and snorkelling easy around the rocks. Some protection from the easterly wind. Never very many people around although it is more popular now than when we first started visiting Rarotonga some years ago.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank jab009
Auckland Region, New Zealand
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Soooo beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Golden sands, palm trees, gentle breezes, sunshine, clear blue water with lots of fish. What could be more relaxing, calming, a perfect place to get away, have fun. Visit the church for Sunday service and join the beautiful singing and experience a warm welcome.

Visited October 2011